V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen a bunch of setups most with added compression and high lift cams. My setup will be 95 ci flat top 9.3:1, tw37b, khrome werks hp plus with crossover, ness air cleaner with K&N and the hsr42. I have seen setups with 17.5 pilot 97 needle middle grove 50 ac and 165 main. and 20 pilot 98 needle middle grove 50ac and 165. It seems to be a concenses on the main jet and the ac. For my setup what would be a close setup to adj from. I'm in Nova Scotia , Canada. The dealership that I'm with has helped me alot but has not done many big bore upgrades and is possibly not that knowledgeable on this carb. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a Mikuni HSR42 on my '00 FLSTC....it was a big help, but I think it was even more than I needed on that application....I had full-flow mufflers and air cleaner......AND....from what I've read and heard, I don't think you'd need to do any hot damn thing to this carb....it is made for bigger bores, etc.....I'd just put it on and try it out....turn the air mixture screw out about 2 1/2 to 3 turns from full in position, and adjust it from there for best idle when hot......
You might wanna' see what Hippo says about this, as he is an EXPERT compared to this Slutpup DOG!!
It'll be interesting to see where you finally end up with any adjustments, etc. for you application......Good Luck Man.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I am reading your post and if I am reading it correctly you want someone to give you a perfect carb setting ??? , before your engine is done is that correct?? Your set up should be close just try it. EVERY engine is going to be different. Tune from there. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts