V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all, I am thinking of just doing a cam change..the parts in the title are what I have done so far (less cam)....Has anyone worked with the HQ0034 cam and just a TFI? Or any other cam for that matter and what were the results??? Say a SE203/204 cam and TFI......comments appreciated. CSM-H

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Ran a 510S&S cam 88 inch with a DFO for a tuner, ran good for what it was. Did a couple of sets of the 0034 cams and tuned with SERT, the 0034's are great cams and I am sure you could get by with a DFO for tuning but the DFO is not even comparable to what you can accomplish with a tuner such as the SERT.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I have the HQ-0034 cams in my otherwise bone stock '04 EG w/ Rinehart TDs and SE a/c--it was like riding a new bike in terms of the performance improvement.

But as BVBOV said, the SERT tune will make a big difference because to benefit fully from any cam swap you will want to adjust ignition timing from the ECM's stock settings.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Had a TFI, Crane 6000 (same as old #300) Supertrapp slip on Supermeg Mufflers. Worked pretty good. Ran a little rich on decel, I could smell it sometimes, but fuel milage was good, 38-44 depending.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts