V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here had any experiance with the new HQ Firestorm 575? From looking at the available specs i have an idea it will be tq setup from down low for the baggars even two up.. Any info would be nice

Thanks Happy

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
happyman said:
Anyone here had any experiance with the new HQ Firestorm 575? From looking at the available specs i have an idea it will be tq setup from down low for the baggars even two up.. Any info would be nice

Thanks Happy
Call Doug at Head-Quarters at 519-892-6999. He's a great guy and will answer all your questions. ^rolleyez^

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thanks was just curious if anyone had heard of or done one of these builds i guess its pretty new cam so will just wait and see used to run the HQ builds a few years ago on the evo's. three differant cams and the same for the headwork all ran real strong back then

·
Registered
365 Posts
It looks to me to be the same as his old 36 degree closing cam with +4 more intake duration and 40 degree intake closing.

joepenoso

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
joepenoso said:
It looks to me to be the same as his old 36 degree closing cam with +4 more intake duration and 40 degree intake closing.

joepenoso
Yeah but i think that extra 4 degree closing with +4 intake duration probably combined with the .005" less lift is gonna give you flatter torque through the rpm range. Plus it doesn't say you'll need his HQ 0027 valve spring kit. That's the only reason I can figure out, unless he's gonna phase out the HQ 0039G cam. They are so close????:dunno:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RoadKingCurley said:
Yeah but i think that extra 4 degree closing with +4 intake duration probably combined with the .005" less lift is gonna give you flatter torque through the rpm range. Plus it doesn't say you'll need his HQ 0027 valve spring kit. That's the only reason I can figure out, unless he's gonna phase out the HQ 0039G cam. They are so close????:dunno:
thanks for the responce!! i kinda figured it would have a prety decent tq curve but will sit back and wait and see.. alos wondering about how much clatter a person would experiance .. seems like it may be a bit noisy but ya just never know..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts