V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeking some info on there HPI intakes and have a question about there latest offering...
its where they offer a 55mm T/B with a 58mm manifold attached to it...vs. the 58mm work of art they have available...
I'm getting all my information together for the 120R crate I plan on getting soon and was curious as the how well this unit performed?
Talking to the rep he mentioned that the 55mm-58mm would allow much more torq down low and in the mid range and with the 58mm it would have more torq at the top and not do near as well in the low end torq area...
with this said from what I have seen the 120R doesn't seem to be inadiquite in the bottom end when we speak torq...
Anybody got any views on this one and/or used it and can show a dyno sheet by chance...
Thanks
paul

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm seeking some info on there HPI intakes and have a question about there latest offering...
its where they offer a 55mm T/B with a 58mm manifold attached to it...vs. the 58mm work of art they have available...
I'm getting all my information together for the 120R crate I plan on getting soon and was curious as the how well this unit performed?
Talking to the rep he mentioned that the 55mm-58mm would allow much more torq down low and in the mid range and with the 58mm it would have more torq at the top and not do near as well in the low end torq area...
with this said from what I have seen the 120R doesn't seem to be inadiquite in the bottom end when we speak torq...
Anybody got any views on this one and/or used it and can show a dyno sheet by chance...
Thanks
paul
Trust the guys at HPI to give you the info you are after. They know their stuff.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I have their 58mm TB. Sent in the SE 55 and they worked their magic on it. Think I was the 1st one to try this route. Wanted to keep cruise control. Did it help? dont know, we changed a lot of things but it looks great, the manifold they use is very nice, smooth and looks like they would flow better than stock. like others above have said, you cant go wrong with them. I've got dyno sheets but we changed so much, it would not be indicative of what the HPI added

1 - 4 of 4 Posts