V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typical greeting in my neck of the woods is: "How's she goin"? or "How's she goin', bye" ....to which the typical response would be "the very best!". An alternate greeting would be "How d'yuh like me now?" to which the response would be "Right there now? followed by "The very best!"......
I'm from the Province of New Brunswick, Canada, which is on the East Coast - we boarder with the USA to the east of Maine. It's winter, lots of ice & snow with minus 35 degrees celcius with the windchill lately (at night). Needless to say, it's piss poor biken' bluegrass, or fishin' right there now!
I got my first bike 40 years ago at age 19 - it was a 650cc twin Ariel. since then I've had another Ariel, a couple of BSA's, a 750 Norton Commando, a Yamaha, and 2 Suzuki's - been ridin' a Intruder 800 this past year. I always dreamed of owning a Harley, but could never swing it financialy - now the kids are grown, etc. I have finally realized my dream. I just bought a 2000 dyna super glide from the local dealer with only 3000 km. got it for 16k canadian - a new anniversary 1200 sportster custom is more money - a new superglide here is about 21k cndn.
Much to my dismay, I have just learned that my bike has the old type cam bearings, so I'm not sure just what to do - was not aware of any such issues till after I bought the bike. Hoping & praying that the chances of having a potential problem with the motor are small.
I operate a violin shop out of my home - build & repair - also play in bluegrass & country bands, teach bluegrass banjo, dobro, guitar, mandolin, etc., which cuts down on my riding time.
I'm very pleased to have found this site, and to be able to take part in the forums, etc. Thanks to one and all who have been responsive and helpful....I feel like I've been "adopted"!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
"How's she goin"? , how 'bout down:D

Welcome, enjoy the forum and post often. Spring will be here soon........

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome and post up often. I'm not that familiar with the cam bearings so someone else may be able to answer. I would post this question in the Engine mods or Dyna section.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You forgot to say "EH" in your greeting. Welcome to the best HD forum there is.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
banjoman,

Welcome.

There have been serval threads on the cam bearing problem. HD will cover these bikes out to 50K miles. Visit HD's Wrenching Dept , type in your VIN and you'll get a list of service advisories for your bike.

regards,
wyo

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome from Montana. We're heading Montana to Maine in July. Any advise for our trip in your part of the country???

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow lots of ice & snow with minus 35 degrees celcius no wonder you all talk funny. And you are right not good picking or riding weather either. It really seems like Blue grass has taken off in Canada, I know my wife’s family are all from SW Virginia and she grew up on bluegrass music. And of course we have gone over and hear the, Seldom Scene on several occasions.

Welcome to the board, banjoman, look forward to your post from the great white north.

Dave

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey banjoman seen black fxstc you should check it out you might trade loll

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi banjoman

Nice to see a fellow canadian here :) I just joined up the other day. Know what you mean about the crappy weather up here. Gotta be some crazy to put with it all dont you think?

We just got a good dose of the white crap last night and this morning here in the french province :) so you should be expecting some soon eh .

Not to worry we should be changing tuques for lids soon is the snow ever leaves.

Good luck with the bearing thing. Found out I may have the same problem with my new toy as well. Will discuss it with the dealer before taking possesion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts