V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still navigating thru this place, and so far it's better than most forums in terms of volume and info.

Stumbled in just surfing for exhaust spec's; and after the Steeler's blew the game tonight I got bored and decided to introduce myself (my condolences to Pittsburgh...).

Won't waste a lot of words - got bit by the bug young, then got away from 'em fer quite a few years. One b'day 'bout 7 years ago the wife got tired of my moping and flipping thru magazines and told me to just go buy one. Started out cheap ($700 Suzuki) an' got progressively worse - or better, as I see it - and am now the proud owner of an '01 Indian Scout.

Have owned 2 H-D's - had a 125 Rapido in high school, and bought a new AMF FX in '76 when coming home from the Marine Corps. Both were great machines, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The FX was stolen 2 weeks after the last payment had been made, and believe it or not, for the next 15 years I had dreams about that scoot. Couldn't afford to replace it 'cause of other responsibilites/priorities, but I sure hope whoever stole it needed it more than I did...

Quite a large crowd in here, and although I've never financially supported a public forum I will give it serious consideration - like I've said, ya got a nice place.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,billy buck!

Good for ya on being back in the wind,the feeling never leaves ya.

Lotsa great folks here,jump right in, post often & ENJOY!
guido

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum billy, plenty good folks and info, post up and believe me you'll get a response..............

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
billy buck said:
Couldn't afford to replace it 'cause of other responsibilites/priorities, but I sure hope whoever stole it needed it more than I did...
Holly shitt! Are you going fer saint hood? I could think of a couple other things that I would hope fer the scum bag who ripped yer ride. Such as a Semi in his path. But anyway, Welcome. Just watch out fer some assholee named yellowfat something or other.:D He aint rite.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good ta be here - y'all got some AWESOME scoots from what pics I've checked out so far...

BTW, yellowfat - mine's the same color. It's in the shop right now getting the paint slapped on after I bobbed the rear fender. Gonna marble, pearl, and clearcoat the sucker 'til ya could swim in it... :D

I'll post pics sometime after she's on the road again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dragon772002 said:
Billy Buck...sorry to hear about your blues...welcome in !
Yeah, I wish it'd never've happened either. On the other hand, I'd crashed twice on it out of general craziness, so I may not 've had long to live the way it was going...

Welcome to you too - lots of us newbies around here from what little I've seen so far...

The more the merrier, as they say :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the forum billy buck,

Sorry about your bike, it sounds like an inside job check out he folks at the bank, or loan company see if any of those guys got a new bike.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts