V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys, I stumbled across this forum and just registered and have enjoyed the interesting info thus far. I'm not an Aggie by education but have supported them forever. I'm in the real estate business here in College Station but I was born and raised in Orange, Texas. I played all sports growing up including hoops that took me to several parts of the globe. Grew up on dirt bikes then after almost 25 years without a bike I bought my first Harley, a '98 Heritage. The wife and I started out saying we weren't going to spend those untold amounts of cash to put all that "extra stuff" on the bike. OK, as you can imagine that didn't last long and when I sold her in '99 she was pretty well dressed out with mild engine upgrades. I'd decided that I wanted a larger scoot so along came the '99 FLHRCI that I didn't even ride home from the dealership without having several thousands of dollars in goodies added to her. Now, I've pretty much got her exactly the way I want her except I can't decide what kind of custom paint I want. Anyhow, I ride about 8-10K miles a year and have met a dozen or so guys that have become really good, close, and reliable friends. We take a couple of great trips each year and catch a lot of the central Texas events and several of the Hill Country (Austin, Luckenbach, etc.) get togethers.

I've rattled on long enough, just wanted to say hi and I appreciate the efforts involved to create and maintain this fun and informative site.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
FAMOUS LAST WORDS "IM GONNA RIDE IT JUST LIKE IT IS". I SAID THAT TOO. THEN ONE FATEFUL DAY LAST WINTER MY WIFE CAME OUT TO THE GARAGE JUST AS I WAS TAKING THE CUTTING TORCH TO THE FRAME OF MY RIDE. ITS A GOOD THING I CAN COOK MY OWN MEALS IF I HAVE TO. ANY WAY IM NEW HERE TOO. WELCOME AND HAPPY TRAILS.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Howdy from North Spring.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Grew up in Bryan. Now I'm 20 minutes south of you (Navasota-puke). Will be visiting Russ Welch HD today. Spend a lot of time in the hill country too. Welcome and don't be a stranger.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Randaddy, post often..............

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome Randaddy, post often, ride hard, and check back here from time to time to share your experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ahhhh. College Station TX. The motherland. Im a newbie myself as well as a Fightin Texas Aggie class of 1994. I Dig Russ Welch HD hasnt turned into one of the 'boutique' stores like those here in Dallas. Say Hi to Dennis Francionne for me

Gig'em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts