V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got a pretty good deal on my Springer. 05' Springer Classic, Black Cherry, Security system, profile wheels, and fuel injection. New. I paid $15,300 plus 500 for taxes and tags. Taxes were $459. HD gave me 3.99 % for 60 months with 0 down. I also got 6 months free extended warranty. I watched this bike since the dealer got it several months ago. I rode it about 4 months ago, told them I liked it but it was too much as they had it marked at $18K. I rode some other bikes and waited since I have another bike. Towards the end of December, I called them and asked if they still had the Springer. They had moved it into the warehouse. I guess they didn't want their showroom looking stale. They asked it I wanted to ride it again. I noticed the mileage had not increased when I rode it the second time. When we starting talking numbers they were not aware (or pretended not to be aware) of Harley's current promotions. Ultimately I was very pleased that we struck a deal and drove it home. It's an expensive bike to me but I am really liking it.~!Awesome! The dealer offers 20 % off of accessories bought within 60 days of purchase so I got the matching saddlebage and auxilary lights.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Sounds like you did pretty durn good to me. Who's the dealer? He sounds like somebody who's an honest guy to deal with. Too many of 'em would let the bike sit and rot before they'd give a buyer a fair shake.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nomad55 said:
Sounds like you did pretty durn good to me. Who's the dealer? He sounds like somebody who's an honest guy to deal with. Too many of 'em would let the bike sit and rot before they'd give a buyer a fair shake.

Sandhills Cycles outside of Pinehurst, NC. I've bought from them before. They are a small HD and Yamaha dealer. All my HD experiences with the have been positive. I had one Yamaha experience with them that left me believing that they were being less than honest with me.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
i'd say an excellent deal...one dealer around here had the exact same bike for $16,300 a couple weeks ago & has been sold. they still have an '05 Deluxe & RKC.
another dealer has 2 of these left...a stock one in blue & a black w/red tribal paint & $4000 worth(list) of extras/chrome on it.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Sprung said:
I think I got a pretty good deal on my Springer. 05' Springer Classic, Black Cherry, Security system, profile wheels, and fuel injection. New. ,,,,,,,,.

Hey Sprung, the bike sonds great, you'll be happy. Just remember though, you only bought a starter kit. What's next?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
Hey Sprung, the bike sonds great, you'll be happy. Just remember though, you only bought a starter kit. What's next?
:thumbsup: Stainless braided lines/cables and maybe bars. I'm working on a custom sissy bar; we'll have to see how that comes out. My budget's a little tight as I'm going to a race school with the Buell mid-January and have to get a set of tires and some other stuff... Never ends does it....hope not anyway.

·
Huge Member
1,285 Posts
You got a great deal, but it's only because the Moco is on the verge of going belly up. %[email protected] (Just a joke, related to other posts on the subject of HD prices,)

Congratulations on your purchase. As mentioned above, you got a starter kit. Now you get to spend all of your hard earned $$ dressing it up!!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Great buy...I got mine ('04 Springer) for $17,185 out the door new...that was considered a good price back then...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.