V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a leak in the air bladder for my police solo seat. I tried to patch the hole but that hasn't worked. I checked ebay and none for sale. Called two HD dealerships looking for a used air bladder and no luck (however they were ready to order a new one for me for $200!)
I have read several times about using a tennis ball in the air bladder for an equivalent of about 40psi. How do I do this? Do I cut the bladder and insert? Does this work? I love the seat but I'm not shelling out 2 c notes to keep it. The tennis ball option seems the next logical step.​

·
'04 FLHRPI
330 Posts
$ 200 from the stealership? Keep checking e-bay. I've seen them go for as low as $ 100.00 for the entire seat assembly. Don't know anything about the tennis ball.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I got the whole police seat set-up from a take-off at my dealer for $100 and I thought I paid too much. You can find just the bladder for a lot less. Just keep looking.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
You would have to remove the bladder and put something for the tennis ball to rest on. You won't be able the clip the seat down, but it will give some bounce. You could put some seat springs, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts