V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retrieved the custom map from the PC111 usb to my laptop. I had to make a few changes to the fuel for idle. I did this on the file and saved it to a new file name on my laptop.

I want to send the table to the pc111. What is the order of doing this? Obviously open the new map, hook up the wire. Do I click send map or table before I turn on the engine or after? Also when I tried to get the original map that was on the pc111, it aotomatically showed up on my laptop when the software was open. How do I know that the map on the pc111 wont overwrite my new map automatically?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Start the bike and then send the map you have loaded on your PC from the file. It will send it into the PC3. It won't work unless the bike is running. It always stores the previous map into the backup file when you plug in the wire, so you can go back to it. It's very easy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The PC software retieves the map in the PC unit when you PC in attached to your laptop and the PC unit is powered (engine running or 9 volt).

Let this auto retieval happen, then open the new map file and then click on "SEND MAP". There is a meesage at the bottom of the screen that let's you know if the new map is loading and when it's finished.

Whether you are retieving or sending map data, the PC muct be powered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.