V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 21" wheel that I am told is a 2.15 standard wheel. When I measure from the outside edge of each lip, I get 3" In other words...outer edge to outer edge is 3" Am I measuring wrong?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
im4darush said:
I have a 21" wheel that I am told is a 2.15 standard wheel. When I measure from the outside edge of each lip, I get 3" In other words...outer edge to outer edge is 3" Am I measuring wrong?
Try measuring the width from the inside. The Dunlop web site defines "Rim width" as the distance between rim flanges.

·
Registered
44 Posts
measuring rim width - touring ('00 Road King)

is the width of rim width measured on the inside of the outer most edge of rim or the point where the inner most part of the tire rests? most of the rims I've looked at narrow down some @ that point vs the outer edge - also whats the width of a 2000 touring rim? 3" or 3.5"?
thanks, Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok thanks - thats what I thought but wasn't sure - bought a solid rim to replace my stock spoked rim to get rid if inner tube - I've had 4 flats on my rear tires over the yrs & always while on a vacation trip over 100's of mi from home - I also bought a tire plug kit - with my luck now that I've done these things, I'll probably never have a problem again which is fine w/ me!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts