V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts

Antonio Pendejo said:
Don't know why some folks are so focused on getting their Harley to sound like an old 1 lung Ingersol-Rand hit & miss engine. Put a set of S&S 510 cams in it and it will lope real nice at 1k rpm.
AP
Yup, mine does :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ELE said:
If you believe everything [your politicians say] why wouldn't you believe whatever your dealer or service manual says.
Whoaaaa, havin' hyperbole shivers over here :coffee:

:whisper: Actually, the whole increased idle speed was a hidden message to the illuminatti signaling the beginning of the new world order--it was 1999 you know.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
ELE, you need more than an idle adjustment. Please check yourself in for psychotherapy. It is a process focused on helping you heal and learn more constructive ways to deal with the problems or issues within your life. Have a nice day.

Thorns

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still about idle:

Well, it seems that I hurt some people around here. Believe or not it was not my intention! -Sorry about it!
As you probably have noticed I am Hungarian and it is not that easy to sell a Harley and buy an other one just because there are much less bikes available in the market over here. My bike was sea shipped from the States last year.
(FYI: A new Softail standard would have costed $24.000 in Hungary)

Why did I buy TWIN CAM?
Because:
1) I went to see about 10 used bikes and this one seemed to be the best deal. ($16K)
2) I did not know that idle RPM could not be adjusted at home.
3) I have no problem with EFI other than the idle RPM issue.

Anyway, I believe you're all right! If this this is the biggest problem of my life I should be happy.
Actually I am! But still I'll keep trying to find a solution to lower this thing as a challenge for this season.
I'll keep you posted on the progress if you don't mind.

Finally some answers to previous notes:

MEGAGLIDE - I downshift to first when the bike is stopped or almost stopped. (I have no problem with downshifting at all)

05FLH - Thanks for the info! I'll talk to the dealer.

CSODAY - I have done it by accident (I disconnected one of the spark plug)
it sounded awesome :)

MIKE HARLEY - Thanks for being with me in this "hard thread"
Hey! I wanna know what you came up with. I have a 05 TwinCam. Care to share?
My email:
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
One more thing

This high idle RPM just ain't fun!

Two more reasons:

1) When I switch 1st gear it clicks so loud that the whole bike wants to fall apart. I feel like a beginner at the traffic light. Is it good for the tranny?

You shouldn't be in neutral at a traffic light. Experienced riders know that......

41 - 46 of 46 Posts