V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was left on when I took delivery and I have been trying to get it off. I know if I just drive the hell out of it it will weat but wanted to see if there is a way to get rid of it. I have the 200 on the back and this line gives the tire a smaller look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did try washing it off no luck and dealer also didn"t know how to get it off?

I did try washing it off no luck and dealer also didn"t know how to get it off?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
hmmm, after I snicker at you for being anal and uptight... ok ;) ... did you try some whitewall cleaner and a small brass brush?

of course, the easy-n-cheezy way is to jack the bike up, give the wheel a spin, and hit it with a flat black rattle can.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Apply front brake. Apply throttle liberally while releasing clutch. Apply throttle more liberally. Repeat as needed.
Oh, bike needs to be in gear...

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Apply front brake. Apply throttle liberally while releasing clutch. Apply throttle more liberally. Repeat as needed.
works perfectly! Thanks! :hystria:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Funny my thoughts exactly , Dude just do a burn out and roll on.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
MegaGlide said:

my first thoughts too... but to give some credit... the bike IS new and not broken in yet (reference to visible yellow stripe) and the yellow is between the tread blocks too :)

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
my first thoughts too... but to give some credit... the bike IS new and not broken in yet (reference to visible yellow stripe) and the yellow is between the tread blocks too :)
That's where the "liberally" and "repeat as needed" parts come in. And this is a form over function thread, so shortened engine life is a peripheral issue. :D

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
just replace with a different tire, may i suggest one with a black stripe?

or soak it with some simple green and flat track it aound a gravel lot!

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Didn't know the line was in the tread. Safest best would be to just ride it. Once the tire gets dirt from road debree. The line will disappear....:coffee:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Rock Steady said:
Didn't know the line was in the tread. Safest best would be to just ride it. Once the tire gets dirt from road debree. The line will disappear....:coffee:
Thread drift! THREAD DRIFT!!!

Poor SOB is gonna come back here and see he's got all these replies and think we were actually some kind of help. Well, until he reads the replies...

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Wow, now I have heard it all.
A line on the tread portion of the tire that needs to be cleaned off. :whistle:
RIDE IT

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I'd think one might be able to get the yellow line off your tire the same way one gets the yellow line out of one's undies.....washing.

;)

T113

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Thread drift! THREAD DRIFT!!!

Poor SOB is gonna come back here and see he's got all these replies and think we were actually some kind of help. Well, until he reads the replies...
Tattle tell! Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said. And have another coffee. :spank:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts