V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I live on Long Island NY, I applied for my C&R on November 2,2004. This past week,Feb 11,2005 to be exact I received a call from a BATF Investigator who wants to come to my home to meet me. Is this the standard routine? I called back and made an appointment. Just curious, or am I being singled out? I have no issues, in fact have current handgun license.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
Barrier said:
I live on Long Island NY, I applied for my C&R on November 2,2004. This past week,Feb 11,2005 to be exact I received a call from a BATF Investigator who wants to come to my home to meet me. Is this the standard routine? I called back and made an appointment. Just curious, or am I being singled out? I have no issues, in fact have current handgun license.
So did the investigator stop by?
I applied for mine 7-22-2005 have to see if it takes all summer. They cashed the check in 5 days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sorry for not getting back to this. Yes, I applied on November 2,2004, got a message that an Investgator had to interview me at home. I think it was Feb when I was interviewed and was told I was approved.
Got my License in the middle of June, full paperwork arrived at the end of June.
Barrier

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi, I did have some trouble finding it but I eventually got it. Took about 6 months. I don't remember where I looked. Did you read all the postings? Try a Google Search. I guess they just try and make it difficult.
Barrier^rolleyez^

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nj C&R

flsts – you were looking for info regarding a C&R in NJ.

The C&R is of absolutely no benefit here in the great state of NJ.
I believe NJ to be the only state where State Law supercedes Federal Law.
In NJ, if you want to purchase a handgun ( modern or C&R ), you must STILL apply for and receive a handgun permit from local PD – even if you possess a valid C&R. In doing so, you authorize the NJ SP to conduct a background check each time you apply for a handgun permit.
You must have an individual permit for each handgun purchase.
Once you have the handgun permit, the handgun you purchase must be transferred dealer to dealer ( meaning FFL to FFL ) with that permit.
The purchase ( or transfer ) of a shotgun or rifle is similar, except you use your Firearms ID card instead of the individual handgun permit; meaning the firearm is still transferred FFL to FFL.
Firearms ID cards are good until you move ( than you have to re-apply ) or they are revoked.

·
6th Generation Texan
62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
My Dad has a C&R and he believes in Missouri it only works for guns more than 50 years old. I am not sure if that is a federal or state law though. Since he is into old Brownings it seems to work well for him.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts