V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I'm 61 and just got my first Harley -- a Fatboy.
At 57, that's comforting......at least there's a few more years.:woohoo:

Not sure what age, conditon or mishap will determine that for me but I can tell you that with titanium in my left jaw, arm, hip and leg.......I'm not there yet.

By the way, went to Bahamas and Key West for vacation this past summer......be careful of those wave runners....they're very dangerous machines.:eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just turned 65, I feel capable of riding my Harley and taking "spirited drives" in my Viper. I have no idea at what age I will feel incapable or what the sign will be (probably the lack of a heartbeat).

·
Registered
2005 Flhtcse2
2 Posts
It is an interesting question to ponder. I confess I have thought about how long I may continue to ride.

Luckily advancements in health care and medical science is increasing our lifespan. Yet, the day will come for us all.

I intend to ride for as long as I remain confident in my ability. But, I wonder if I will have the obectivity to recognize when the day has come? Or, will my children do an intervention, surround me with a show of force and wrestle the key fob from my arthritic, gnarled fingers?
Im 70 and take short rides under 100 miles.

·
Read Only
5 Posts
Well, I guess when the family puts my ash’s in a box on the shelf . . . then the son and grandson can take my place in the saddle of my old Haritage and continue on making memories . . . ✝

·
Registered
305 Posts
If it is work and not fun that is when to quit.
Age is not a relevant factor because age is not linear per person.
At 68 I still am able to do 400 miles and change per day.
Sturgis every other year.
However, I started riding when very young.
Some of the drill is nothing but relex.
never less, I know when to quit at the end of the day.
i quit when i have to start thinking ahead and not flowing the needed changes.
Up into my 30s that never happened .

·
Registered
2013 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
119 Posts
How old is too old to ride, My first thought was when I can't get it up anymore. LOL
When the DMV takes my Drivers License away

81 - 87 of 87 Posts