V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
It is an interesting question to ponder. I confess I have thought about how long I may continue to ride.

Luckily advancements in health care and medical science is increasing our lifespan. Yet, the day will come for us all.

I intend to ride for as long as I remain confident in my ability. But, I wonder if I will have the obectivity to recognize when the day has come? Or, will my children do an intervention, surround me with a show of force and wrestle the key fob from my arthritic, gnarled fingers?

·
RUB wanna be
747 Posts
Well, I suppose there is a little bit of difference in being too old to ride and being too old and not wearing enough clothing.:hystria::hystria::hystria:

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
+1 on the Hack. Already have it sitting in the garage under a sheet.
Now I just have to get old.:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
+1 on the Hack. Already have it sitting in the garage under a sheet.
Now I just have to get old.:woohoo:
Rig it up....then remove it. My orange bagger used to run a hack (occaisionally)...fantastic burnouts...and once you get it set-up, you should be able to put it on and take it off in no time at all.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I only hope that I get too old before I become incapable...if my MS therapy continues to do its job...that could be the case. I'll be 48 later this month and hope to be riding into my 70's and beyond.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
My grandad just turned 82 and still rides his ultra classic weekly!

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Rig it up....then remove it. My orange bagger used to run a hack (occaisionally)...fantastic burnouts...and once you get it set-up, you should be able to put it on and take it off in no time at all.

Copy that, it takes about an hour to hook it back up. I bought it with the sidecar attached. Drove it to Sturgis in '05. The avatar pic is from that trip. I've had the hack separated for a couple of years now. I keep saying I'm gonna put it back together but never do. The way I have the cages parked allows me to skinny the bagger past them between the house and the vehicles each day. I use my bike as primary transportation. If the hack is attached it complicates things getting in & out of the garage. I know, I lead a difficult life:)

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
When i get so old that i can't pick the beast up after dropping it then i'll consider a trike or sidecar - after that who knows.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I was afraid to open this post, guess I am safe for a few more rides.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts