V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...can I expect to get from going with Andrews 21G cams with a SE aircleaner and something like those new Rinehart 2 into 1 pipes on my EFI '03 Road King? Will I need to add something like a RevTech DFO to richen up the fuel/air mixture?

Thanx,

Sprags

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
With stock heads, you should be in the high 70's/low80's. With a mild street port, you should be approaching 90.
But get your mind off HP. Think torque, cause thats what you feel when you twist the wick.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Sprags said:
Thanks...do you think I'm going to need a RevTech DFO?
Check with your tuner and see what he likes to tune best. I like PCIIIusb and so's my tuner. Some like SERT. There'a a lot of different things out there.:whistle:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Sprags, I got 76hp and 94 tq with 2:1, and stock heads. There some 21 cam dyno charts in the dyno section. Mine runs really good from right off idle and does not stop pulling until 100. 60 to 90 is really nice.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Sprags said:
You will need something. I have one for sale if you are interested (Techlusion/ Wild Things 1040). Used, good condition $100.00 and its yours. I'll pick up shipping.
[email protected]

·
Banned
871 Posts
YankeeBob said:
With stock heads, you should be in the high 70's/low80's. With a mild street port, you should be approaching 90.
But get your mind off HP. Think torque, cause thats what you feel when you twist the wick.
I agree. HP is a worthless number for Harleys unless you are just interested in dyno shootouts or drag racing. TORQUE is what matters! High HP numbers don't come into play until above 5200 rpm. How often do you ride at such sustained high engine speeds? Not often, I'll bet. Try to shoot for the most torque in the idle to 4000 rpm range. That's where you need it on a street bike. :)

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Sprags said:
I would recommend the Terminal Velocity II (www.directparts.com) It tunes the bike for you after you get it all wired up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts