V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 95 inch big block kit with the ft pistons, se203 cams se slip on mufflers, lifters and pushrods and se air cleaner on my 06 ultra classic. I had the sert installed and dyno'd which came up at 76hp and 93ft torque.

How much difference will putting on True duals make for this ride? Is the difference going to be worth the cost?

Thank you

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Could be wrong but i have actually heard true duals can hurt your torque #'s.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
It would be money better spent to have your heads cleaned up.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Welcome wildey,

I have 05 Roadking with SE Air Cleaner, Power Commander SE 203 Cams, Vance and Hines True Dual Headers and Oval Slip ons. Stock Heads, Stock lifters and push rods.

Dyno numbers were 77 HP and 93 Torque.

Hope this helps. Cannot say what dual headers will do for performance, but it is nice having exhaust comming out both mufflers and I really like the look of the dual headers.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
The factory programs and I'm sure the dyno variant you have are biased toward the factory duals and individual cylinders are tuned differently. The true duals blows that all to crap. A retune will be needed to optimize it. Some people experience new found popping on decel and mysterious low speed cylinder drops. I would leave it alone as the power gain if any will come at a tq loss unless a very extensive retune is done by a very sharp tuner. Your numbers are respectable for what it is. IMO your looking for power in the wrong place. Stock duals and a good set of slip-ons are fine unless you just have to have the Xover gone (heat or looks thing)

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
csoday said:
with a false left pipe, .
I would be embarassed if anyone caught me.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Do they make smoke bombs to put in the fake pipe? Fog machine?

·
Lazy 98
355 Posts
Don't forget those cool boots that make sparks when you drag your feet on the road!:ntlgh:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nw_guy4_fun said:
The factory programs and I'm sure the dyno variant you have are biased toward the factory duals and individual cylinders are tuned differently. The true duals blows that all to crap. A retune will be needed to optimize it. Some people experience new found popping on decel and mysterious low speed cylinder drops. I would leave it alone as the power gain if any will come at a tq loss unless a very extensive retune is done by a very sharp tuner. Your numbers are respectable for what it is. IMO your looking for power in the wrong place. Stock duals and a good set of slip-ons are fine unless you just have to have the Xover gone (heat or looks thing)
Sounds like good advice to me. I have looked at all the number people post and what they have done to their engines with heads bigger cams etc and the torque all seems to be in the 90's unless its some major mods. So it gets up and goes well and I will follow your advice

thank you very much

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I have seen some peoples bikes that were posted on here with the Thunderheader setup and the fake pipe. I think it looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts