V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the number one question I get asked by people when they see any of my Tattoos and I try to explain that it all depends on the person.

What do you guys think? how much did your tattoos hurt? where are they? and of what?

any one?

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Have one on each upper arm and they go all the way around. Drive chain on left and shaded barbed wire on right side. Did not bother me any.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
This one took 5 hours in the chair, adams apple and behind the ear hurt like a mother. I have work on the other side it was was a cake walk. All based on each person adn where it is at. However the one thng that most will all say is rib's are the worst no two ways about it. If you want work there have them do a dry run to see if you can handle it as once you start , you dont get any do overs :whistle:

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i have one on my ribs its about a foot long and 4" wide ... tribal design, and it didn't hurt at all, in fact it tickled A LOT, and I am not a big person, it's all bone. but my chest now that hurt

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
My elbow was my worst so far. The dull pain of the needle bouncing of my bone..

Wrist was kinda cool though, made my fingers twitch a lot..

Didnt even really feel the ones on my legs. Will let you know how my ribs go once i can find another artist as mine is MIA.

Nice ink Steve!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I heard chest hurt, but mine didn't. It doesn't feel good, but not so bad you wouldn't do it again.

Tattoo artist said young women are the worse, not used to pain.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
4 hours in the chair...not too bad.....I kinda like the pain anyway.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
The 4 on my arms was not bad except the wrist bone.... that hurt.... Now the 1 on my right chest was not bad till it got to the center/breast bone.... i started sweating.....That Hurt......i had a rag i was using to wipe the sweat..... the thing is i need another 3hrs on it... don't know if i'll do it or not....

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
I have over 200 hours of work - probably 75% of my body (check my album). I have some room left on my right leg, my stomach and part of my rib areas as well as above the collar and my hands. In doing my left leg sleeve (hips to toes), I found the most painful place so far - the tibial crest. It is that little spot under the knee cap on the very top of the tibia. Excruciating. Other places that were uncomfortable were the elbows, shin bone and ass cheeks. I wish I still had places as easy as the upper arms to tattoo.

BTW, I start a rib piece with Tony Mancia next Tuesday.

·
blipper
5,196 Posts
The last one done this summer on my left upper back over the shoulder blade was the bitch of the bunch.
Probably shouldn't have gone to an artist nicknamed "The Meatgrinder".

None were really that bad: lower leg went numb after 5 minutes, upper arm was ticklish in areas underneath,
but, during that shoulder blade job I kept having to remind myself to breathe...real deep, slow and deliberate.

I'll be ready again soon...maybe this weekend during the Lone Star Rally in Galveston Texas! :woohoo:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Right and left biceps didn't really hurt much. Kind of a scraping feeling, as I recall, but almost relaxing. My left inner forearm got tender around the wrist, but parts of my last lower leg tat hurt like hell. I don't know if it was just a tender spot, or if I'm just getting too old for this stuff. I guess I'll find out when I get the next one done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have got old school flames that start at my wrist and go to my elbow.Sat in the chair for 5 hours.The part that hurt the most was on the inside of my wrist.
The colour would not take so my artist had to do it a few times before it finally took.Can`t wait to get the next one just need some ideas.

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Sonz-a-bitch Bluzmn, that musta hurt like hell in a few spots, looks pretty cool though.!!thumbs

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I have a tattoo of Rhode Island on my pecker. And then, if you rub it a little it turns into a map of the entire North American continent..it only hurts when the Blue states come into view. :whistle: My apologies to all liberals with tattoos.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts