V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many owners are over 6 feet tall.

I am 6' 2" 215lbs with a 34" inseam and the bike fits pretty good.

I took 2 different test rides, each a couple of miles and the bike was comfortable.

I wish I could stretch out a little more.

P.S. Holli, how tall is the guy in your mpeg's ???
He looks to be at least 6' 4"

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fellow 6 footer,

I'm 6'3" and love the V-Rod. I rode mind all the way to Sturgis this year.
You can rest your legs by putting them over the pegs, one leg at a time is the best. I have put on the Corbin touring seat with a back rest. Great seat! One other thing is get the touring windshield, not the super sport. The SS put the wind right in my face.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 6'4" tall and am very comfortable on my VRSCA.

Do yourself a favor and buy the new Sundowner seast, the stock seat lacks...

Kevin

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi!

I am 6'2 and I am also pretty comfortable on the V-ROD. However, I find that the pegs could be a a couple of inches forward. I still ride with stock saddle but I intend to change it to the Corbin (slim version) but I don't know whether that will push me back. Another thing for the winter will be to change the handle bars to flatter/wide, which should improve the riding position to a more aggressive (www.speed-point.com has a pretty cool one, H-D's version is a bit too tame).

Ride safe!

Joe

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I am 6'2" and I am very comfortable on the bike . I have the stock seat and it is fine

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm 6'2" and am very comfortable on my 02 V-Rod. The only problem I had with the fit of the bike was in the stock handlebar position. Due to the length of my gorilla arms, the stock bars just felt awkward. Changed to HD Drag Bars and man what a difference !! Feels perfect now. As far as leg room, I ride broken ankle most of the time on the highway and feet on pegs in town. Is comfortable either way. Prior to this bike I had a 2002 Nighttrain and I feel confident in saying I could ride the Vrod much further with less discomfort. After 200 miles or so on the Train, handbuzz would begin to set in and numbness would soon follow. None of that with the VRod. :D

·
Registered
906 Posts
At 6'1" I'm pretty comfortable on the bike, although it feels good to stand straight up after a couple of hours riding. I ride with my feet stretched out pretty far on the pegs...which is different from my previous bikes, so I can go on longer rides.

I was considering getting the drag bars...for those of you that have these do you find it more comfortable having the lower bars???

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Joe,
It sounds like you are about the same height as me, I bet you wont regret getting the drag bars. Picture your stock grips turned to a horizontal position and moved an inch forward and an inch down. Very nice. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fugly, are the new drag bars the same width as stockers? I'd like to be able to stretch out more, but I also like the narrow bars currently on the v-rod -- makes splitting lanes here in California much easier...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts