V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have no other vehicle but their bike? (wives and girlfriends vehicles do not count).
I have now sold my Vette :( and so my only way of goin' around is my Harley and this feels pretty good!.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
When I was a young pup my 400yam spec was my only ride for 2 winters. Rode it in every weather condition, yes snow to. Slide down the hill with feet spread out like ski's until I hit the main road. And never put a helmet on. Didn't even own 1. The good old days. That was until some assholee in a cage blew a stop sign and broke my fuken leg. He didn't have to wait to get to the pearly gates to get his just do. :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Rain, Hail or Shine. Nothing else'll do.
OL's got a car, says do I wanna borrow it for the shity'est part of the winter?
FukNOOOO. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have more than one vehicle now, but back in 1967, on my 21st birthday, I sold my car to buy a new Triumph 650. That was December 7. I live in New England and used to party a lot. Some days I'd go out to my bike at 2 or 3 in the morning to go home and have to brush 6-8" of snow off the seat. I didn't get another car until April of 68. I'll never do it again. It was a long, cold, snowy winter.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
if a bad day in the car was a 40 and a good day was a 60
a bad day on the bike is about a 10 but a good day is 200
i wouldnt like to ride my bike in the rain all the time with the extra rake on it and the 4" over on the forks it feels like it wants to slide.
if i had to make the choice on car or the bike i would get an fxr or similar.
thats my $0.02
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts