V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Seasoned Rider
164 Posts
Hello:

I have been busy. LOl.

No major problems.

2003 Black & Silver V-Rod. Only thing I changed were lights and aesthetic stuff. I just replaced my solenoid, but that took 10 minutes. Everything else I kept stock. I saw the super long V-Rod commercial in '02 and figured after all that testing, why not just leave it alone. The exhaust has developed a nice deep throaty sound. After 7 year of sounding like a Civic. :)

Is Kaz still around?

·
Registered
87 Posts
2006 A with 43k on the clock. nothing other than a battery and normal maintenance. Even with a turbocharger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After reading through pretty much anything on this site relating to V-Rods, I am curious as to how many people actually have not had a problem with their V-Rod. I don't mean rinky dink stuff, but things that shouldn't have really happened considering the price tag of this beauty. I guess I'm feeling slight paranoia, and need some reassurance.
I ride hard and never a problem. Same with most V rod owners I know and on the 1130 forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm owned 5 V-Rods. Never a problem with any of them. The most trouble free Harley's I have ever owned.

Agree - I had an 07 Night Rod - not an ounce of a problem in 40,000 klm.

I will say the instruments were classic Harley quality, particularity the full gauge but I always used my trip meter so I never ran out of fuel. Could of benefited from a bigger fuel cell but that was the only complaint other than Harley never made enough accessories for them (in my opinion).

Changed the front sprocket and did not have to drop the swing arm to change the belt - too easy !!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts