V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Opinion on delivery delays

Personal opinion, if harley meets the demand, resale on used harleys will go down dramaticly, thus owning a harley worth less (money wise). I hope harley keeps the lag going forever... I waited several months and just got my Flhtcui last weekend.... now all i need is some warmer weather.... 9deg in cleveland today....

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Re: Opinion on delivery delays

ltools said:
Personal opinion, if harley meets the demand, resale on used harleys will go down dramaticly, thus owning a harley worth less (money wise). I hope harley keeps the lag going forever... I waited several months and just got my Flhtcui last weekend.... now all i need is some warmer weather.... 9deg in cleveland today....
Warmer weather will be here soon. I know it must be hard for you to wait.

I look at the resale thing this way....I always want to own a Harley. So if I don't always keep the one I now have then it will still have some of the value for using it to get a new one. It won't be like stating over. If the new bike demand drops the dealers will be forced to deal. Although my used bike would be worth less, the price of a new one would not be over retail and maybe even lower depending on how bad things get. But the difference in the prices of both would be somewhat relevent to each other whether they go up or down.

I don't believe I welcomed you to the forum yet. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got the hots for a new Harley in October 1999. The 2000 models were available. Went down to the local harley dealer, kicked a few tires and asked about ordering a bike. He was close to MSRP but not quite and wanted me to put $2000 down and wait a year. I asked what the down payment was for. He said it was to ensure I really wanted a bike. I said, hey if you got the bike and I didn't want it, it would be sold off the floor in a week anyway. Oh, well...we didn't deal. For the next 2 years, I stopped in shops all over the country, from coast to coast whenever I traveled out. Finally got desperate this October time frame and was even looking into the fly and buy programs. Then stopped by a shop not 50 miles away from me and they had all the bikes I may want, all MSRP, and all ready to pick-up. Went back the next week and picked up a deuce. When I went to pick it up, they had a VRod in the shop and it was up for grabs. Almost switched, but figured I didn't want to jump without thinking. That was December 15th, in Nebraska. Wouldn't you know it, we had good nuf weather for me to put 1000 miles on it already. The wife says the bike was my christmas present. I say the good weather was.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
sleepless in San Francisco

Ordered my v-rod last September. She arrived at the dealer on Feb 27th. I helped un-crate her and pull the plastic. They offered me 20% off on all upgrades so I bit hard and circled the option list (almost anyway). I'd be cruising right now if not for the fact that both their techs picked last week to go back to school:mad:

With any luck I'll be in the wind this coming weekend. Sleep is definitely over-rated
:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
FifthGear - Thank you for the welcome

This forum is fantastic, and thank you for the welcome, I own an explorer, and have had problems with it, nothing that couldnt be taken care of, but theres a place on the net just like this one, called explorerforum.com where thousand of posts helped me fix the problems, this site will be a first whenever something arises on the new FLHTCUI..

If Harley Davidson was smart, they would put a link right on their site to here!..... but then again there are some negative replys on here as well and they may not want that... oh well..... I'll be back several several times!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts