V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Jimmy, you know I'm not a Ford guy, but the new T-Bird commercial cracks me up, the one where the guy in the Lambo or whatever that thing is races into the dust minus his date.

Probably the best approach when racing a sportbike with a bagger.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Buellbomb said:
Jimmy-You didn't use "Old age a treachery" on him, didja? :D
Hiya BB!

"Use it?" LOL! I helped invent it! LOL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My FLSTFI arrived yesterday!! The dealer has to prep it and do the mods I asked for and there are a couple of bikes ahead of me so I probably won't get the bike until next Friday. This is going to be a verrrry long week.

Hook
:D

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Hook said:
My FLSTFI arrived yesterday!! The dealer has to prep it and do the mods I asked for

Congrats, Hook!!!! What kinda mods are you have done? If ya' can't ride it, at least ya' can talk about it until you can ride it. LOL What changes are you doing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Pasadenajim.
I'm getting stage I with ECM, Vance and Hines Longshots, and narrow band chrome hand grips. I'm going to take it one step at a time on adding any more decorative accessories. I'm hoping that this approach will keep me from from crossing that line between "sharp bike" and "rolling HD display counter."

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Hook said:
Thanks Pasadenajim.
I'm getting stage I with ECM, Vance and Hines Longshots, and narrow band chrome hand grips. I'm going to take it one step at a time on adding any more decorative accessories.

And it'll keep ya' from going broke! Stage I is plenty of power for most guys. Good choice. I've heard guys say there's no such thing as too much chrome. There's not if you're only going to look at the bike. And not ride it! There's an old expression: chrome won't get ya' home. LOL. Am looking forward to seeing a pic of the bike next week. Again, congrats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dealer planned on keeping the bike and did everything to it already. $4500.00 worth. HOWEVER there are still a few things I want to do to it.
I will do most of it over the winter months. Living in Northwest Ohio will mean several snow days and lots of time to work on it. LOL

Sam

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Highway_man said:
The dealer planned on keeping the bike and did everything to it already. Sam
Dang, Sam. What did you do to that thing??? What kind of mods for that kinda money? "Did everything" sounds about right. And what in the world could you have left to do? LOL

I bet she's a beaut!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well believe it or not with all the money he put on it, I still need to add a luggage rack and highway bars. That is pretty much it. There are two complete pages of mods that he did to the bike. Probably the most expensive was the chroming of both wheels. The front wheel looks awsome with the lighted rotor cover. I wish I could see that going down the road at night. However that won't happen because that would mean someone else was riding it. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Sam, how does the 2002 Ultra compare with the '99 Ultra? Have the mod's on the 2002 affected the ride or performance positively or negatively? And why did you decide to buy a new bike so soon?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's hard for me to compare the two. Give me a few more miles and I will let you know.
I bought the 99 last May. When I bought it, I knew I would be buying a 2002. Scince May I have put 28,000 miles on it. I am not a bike owner, I am a bike RIDER. Riding is my passion, and being retired (disability) my wife and I are on it every chance we get. I have been fighting cancer for three years and recently had part of my lung removed. We decided long ago that we could sit around and feel sorry for ourselves or we could go on with our lives and live it like we wanted too. Not to sound like a HD slogan, but to me, living is riding. I have always wanted a brand, spanking, new Ultra. Soooooo, now I have one and we will ride it for a couple of years and in 2004 we will buy a new one. Besides, it will take me that long to save up enough money. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Highway_man said:
It's hard for me to compare the two. Give me a few more miles and I will let you know.
I bought the 99 last May. When I bought it, I knew I would be buying a 2002. Scince May I have put 28,000 miles on it. I am not a bike owner, I am a bike RIDER. .... I have been fighting cancer for three years and recently had part of my lung removed. We decided long ago that we could sit around and feel sorry for ourselves or we could go on with our lives and live it like we wanted too. ....we will ride it for a couple of years and in 2004 we will buy a new one. Besides, it will take me that long to save up enough money. LOL
Well, Sam, I'll be thinking good thoughts for ya' to buy a new Ultra in '04, and '06, and beyond. Your story is very moving. So much so that I read your post to my girlfriend and her Mom who was visiting. What a positive way of living!!!!! And what a Rider!!!! Imagine, 28K in such a short period of time. I'm impressed. ANY OF THE FORUM MEMBERS RIDE AS MUCH AS SAM? Let's find out. Think I'll start a thread about miles per year. Bet ya' Highway_man is going to be one of the highest mileage riders on this Forum. And Sam, let us know your thoughts about the difference after you've ridden awhile.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bloodshot and waiting....

Shipped on 12/10 and I haven't slept since.... I'm expecting it Monday, but I'm praying for tomorrow. I don't think I could handle another weekend.....

FXSTD, Black (always cool), Cycle Shack bologna cut slip-ons, SE Breather kit, sissy bar and pad. Just a start...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe in Santa !!!!!!!

Yahoo!!!!!! Got the word from Saint Nick dropped my FXSTD off . I can pickup my scooter Dec 21. Its been some long nights. And Santa is a few days early. Darn , he must have a good connection with the Motor Co . and a big sled to bring all those bikes down here in one load. I wonder if he has a TC88B under the hood????

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year folks

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Well, confirmed on my new bike today.

Purchased a 2002 pearl white RK classic. Scheduled delivery is end of the month. Added another 4 g's in chrome, plus the screaming eagle kit with V&H pipes. Should sound awesome.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts