V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many miles a year everyone rides, how many years you have been riding, and how many miles you think you have ridden in your lifetime. I know we are all busy with work, family, etc and wish we could ride more I am just curious as to the diversity of our miles ridden.

Thank you
Thealien

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Probably 30 k in the last 12 mo. Been riding on/off for 40 years. No idea how many total.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Well, I just put 2590 on my FXD in the last month. :D Getting ready for a road trip about 2k more miles. I put 25k on my shadow before I bought the HD.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
only been riding since this past may. have put a total of 6,000 miles on bike since may. put 2600 on my hd in exactly a month. i cant quit riding. just got home from work and it was in the mid 40s out. a little chilly on the legs. i am pickin up some chaps today. i plan on ridin till the weather stays in the 30s or even colder if i can bear it.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
5,000 + since the day after Thanksgiving. Roade 20 years ago and just got back.:D

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Been riding since Mar. 2001 and put 5,000 on first bike(Mar - July 2001) and have almost 18,000 on existing bike which I bought in July 2001. I ride about ever day to work - 86 miles roundtrip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had bikes for over 20 years and have coverd maybe 30k miles. My
2001 Electra Glide is 2 years this week and only has 2200 miles. I dont get to ride as much as I would like to.. Now my 2002 vette has 52,000 miles Wish that could sit like my bike does.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Miles & Miles

I've been riding for 35 years.Have had seven bikes.My current bike has
127,950 on the odometer.I missed most of the summer of 1998 after
being hit by a deer.Over all I would guess-a-mate i have over a quarter
million miles all in all.
I really like to ride:)

Ride Safe
Masher

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
This is my 40th year riding, some years you do over 30K, some years you get busy and do maybe 12K or so, but I usually ride customers bikes for a day or two after engine work so it's impossible to keep track of additional mileage.

The most miles I put on a single bike were 284K.

·
Registered
906 Posts
For my current bike (V-Rod) I got in April I have now put on 6500 miles...
not sure where I went but I hope I got there. :)

I don't think I have to explain to anyone here the feeling of just cruising on a bike for hours...total relaxation -until some b1tch too busy talking on a cellphone tries to occupy yer lane. :)

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Just turned 16,000 miles on my 2001 Roadking purchased in April of 2001.

Been slacking off a bit with the vette, work, wife, kid's football practice, and yardwork. Man, are my priorities screwed up or what?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Im am beginning to ride more. I have turned over 2000 miles on my sporty I bought in middle of May. So the total for me is 1000 miles in 3 months. That sucks!! I just got my full bike license (permit before, however been riding dirt for 18 years) and now I am planning on riding the bike to work every chance I get. If your wondering YES, I took the MSF Course. I plan on about riding 20k a year. I am looking at some long trips in the future. (sturgis, bike week, and a few trips just riding to places for the hell of it)

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Average per year (1 year being 1 riding season), is approximately 10k. Actually I'll probably do a little more than that this year, but who knows about next year. Last year I did about 10k. I don't ride to work much at all, so all those miles have been on some awesome weekend trips and day trips. 1 trip to Kentucky this past June and I'll add on some more when I go down to Texas in Sept. Current mileage on my bike is 18050. Got my bike June/July (something like that) of 2000. Didn't do a whole lot of miles the first season - was learning how to ride, and working on the thing, making it the way I wanted. Will easily break 20k in the next few weeks (and looking forward to it). :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Now why'd ya go and make me do sum Thunkin' fer? HA!
I never keep track of totals so I had to stop and compute. The only miles I track are for maintenance. It took me awhile to come up with totals so here they are:
I've been riding 30+ years on metric bikes (got my first ever Harley on order) , I ride an average of 25K per year , This year so far I've ridden 15K , and I'm ready to start riding my Harley, Dog-gone-it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts