V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what I can expect out of the 99 I bought with 17000 miles on it. I have put over 1000 on it since, and had the oil changed. Runs perfectly, coughs a little warming up in the cold.

Just curious.

Patsue

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
I bought a use 99 1200 Sport with 15000 miles on it. I am replacing the gasket between the lower rockerbox and head. It's not really a problem to do as it only took me 3 minutes to remove the gas tank and about 5 more to remove all the bolts to get to the problem spot. Factory gaskets on the thing seemed to shrink causing the gasket to break and leak.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i gotta 88 1200 with a little over 60,000 miles on it. just had the whole top end rebuilt, new tires, bearings, gaskets, and put a pink basket on the front.

j/k about the basket:):)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
25,000 + on my 1999 xlh883>1200. Conversion at 4000 miles. Stock front rocker suport plate gasket was pinched (factory) & started leaking, but was fixed when I did the conversion.

Battery shortly after I bought it
Charging system @ 16,000 (I use Harley Sporster primary oil now)
Replace intake seals @ 22,000 (oringal not replace during conversion).
Speedo failed a few week ago.
Turn signal was shorted (my fault) & modual went bad.
All leaks are "weeps" and no real leaks now.
Runs like a raped ape.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just got a 02 XL883 with 1188 miles on it. Just an oil change so far. Scheduled to take it in for the 1000 mile service, since there is no record of previous owner taking it in to HD.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Rscotts1 said:
Just got a 02 XL883 with 1188 miles on it. Just an oil change so far. Scheduled to take it in for the 1000 mile service, since there is no record of previous owner taking it in to HD.
Why?

Does it have an extened warrenty?

·
Registered
194 Posts
It still has the warranty until August of 03. Figured I'd take advantage of it as well as getting the first service done. Never knew if the previous had any service performed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
10k + on my 01 53C. Rocker cover oil leak about 4k ago. Fixed myself. A few bulbs blown, but that’s no problem to replace... so long as the tail light is still there... yes it fell off!!!!, and I still have not found it ;) I guess I lost it at 70 MPH on the motorway at night

1 - 8 of 8 Posts