V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...never crossed my mind. Bought what I wanted in'03, don't have a problem making a decision and stickin' with it. 90 would get home safely..........

·
Registered
982 Posts
I don't plan on it either. Love the bike, love the two tone colors. BTW, finished breaking her in today. It was 34 degrees out, but I had to get in some time with her. For the first time since I've got her, there were no other bikes on the road. Guess the cold kept everyone in cages today.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not Me. I'm going to try to hold on to it for a very long time.
I'll probably go before it does. This is definitely my last bike.
No need to get another since I got what I wanted and I'm very
satisfied with it.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
I don't plan on getting rid of my 03 Fatboy. Pay it off, keep it, and purchase me another later. Pretty good plan, yeh?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Not me, can't get much better then this.
Maybe a GPS unit and Integral ABS braking.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Keeping my 03 fatboy, it will never be another H-D that looks as nice as the 03's. Must be that Gunmetal color and the snaking stripe along side the gas tank that makes me smile everytime I look at it,dog what a color ,awesome man!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
My Ultra is not an '03, it's an '02 and I purchased it then because I wanted the white pearl color. After the 03's came out with their limited colors to choose from, I'm glad I purchased mine when I did.

This is my 14th Harley since coming back from 'Nam in 1970, and it is the best one yet. Unless there are some major upgrades that appeal to me in the future, I'll be riding this one for a long, long time.

One of the reasons that I will keep this one for awhile is that I am just plain tired of playing the price game with dealers. Maybe if more of us hang on to what we already have, the dealers might feel the pinch in the long run.........

Looking for a backup...... trying to find a good, used FXRT or a good, used BMW RT1100 for days when I don't want to take the 'big bike' out, LOL !!!

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Here is my plan- I have not had a bike since 1992, it was a 1988, 1500 Wing. Loved that bike, nuff said ;) So, this long with out a bike and I end up getting a Harley :cool: This will be my first ever Harley, I plan on paying it off, keeping it for ever :) If I ever buy another, I will buy out right and keep my 2003 for ever :cool: I guess nothin is for ever but you get the idea, I allways like long relationships :p

·
Registered
659 Posts
both my '03's (road king classic and my wife's soft tail classic) are going to be in the family for a long, long time!

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
No need to trade newer. This 2002 FLHT fits me like a glove. It'll be a pleasure to ride this thing 20 years down the road.
It's cool ridin the other two (Sporty and Interceptor) and they're only 12 and 18 years old.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Will keep my '03 forever as my keepsake, and maybe in five-ten years purchase a Road King to go along with it (water cooled 125 horse with 130lbs torque)... All, too dream :)

But I am keeping my gunmetal Pearl fatboy :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nope. My 'Train'll be in the garage for a long, long time. In fact, I said something to the wife this past weekend about getting her a Sportster. And she didn't immediately tell me to pound sand. She even asked about shifting.

My God. What does this mean??

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Trade up to what? A 2004 model of the same thing? I don't think so. I plan to keep my 03 FLHTCUI for a long time or until some major change comes along that I condsider worth while.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts