V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
One of my buds has 11" Progressive Suspension rear shocks on his 01 FXDWG. He had to trim the front bottom part of his rear fender so it wouldn't hit. Other than that, no problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
White Bros also makes a rear lowering kit (bracket) in black and chrome and only runs about $140...here is a picture. e-mail me if you want more info on this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ron

I installed the H-D low profile rear shocks on my 2000 FXDWG. They lowered the bike 3/4inch. The ride is now nice and firm,no problem with two up riding. A little disappointed that they did'nt lower the bike more.

Earnhardt #3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, I like the look of the full chrome covered shocks by progressive. they come in 11" and 12". I didn't think the 12" would lower the bike enough and I was concerned that the 11" would rub on either the fender or the license plate bracket. I dont want to trim the fender, afraid I might destroy it! I do some two up riding but mostly solo know that my son was just born. I know that progressive shocks tend to be a very stiff ride but I'm willing to accept that for the low look and the feel of a low bike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In that case, the only thing you could really do is use travel limiters with the 11" kit. That should give you your drop without allowing the suspension to compress to the extent of rubbing or hitting something. I'd call or e-mail progressive suspension before buying anything though.

Here is the part# for the standard 11" 412 series with chrome covers - 412-4041B/C

and the same but heavy duty (200 lbs+) - 412-4047B/C

Here is the phone number to their Techline: 760-948-4012

1 - 7 of 7 Posts