V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what is the "typical" wait when you ordered your Harley? 1 month, 2 months, 3 months etc? I odered mine in Sept. and was told Jan/March :( I hate waiting ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm the same as you. I put the coins down in August and was told expect FLHTCI in Jan/Mar.

Found out from dealer later, that my order really doesn't even go in until October 12 and I'm in something caled Phase III. I went with the two tone, had I wanted a solid color I could have had it in December under Phase II. My thinking was the weather is usually crappy here anyway so no rush, plus I still got the Shovel to take out if I get a decent day. Like you too, can't wait since I just did a demo out at York,PA.
Hang in there!

Mister Breeze

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy it sure is hard waiting :eek: My wife just tells me "Your not going to ride it when it's cold, so just wait" Bla, bla, bla!! :rolleyes: They told me the same thing about phase III and October. I odered a Vivid Black too? Huh? Sorry just wanting my bike! :( I was hoping SOMEONE would tell me "Every dealer says that, you will probably get it in December" :D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I waited five months, then I went insane.......

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Well, heres my story, we orderd a Road King Classic in July, we were told that it would be some time in January or February. I thought that that would be ok, seeing how it is pritty cold that time of the year in Illinois:( Right from the git go, I told the dealer that we did not need the bike in 2002, so 2003 was when we would like it, but since then, we have went with a Ultra Classic, the dealer said that it would still be February:) The reason that we did not need the bike this year is we have a 69 cuda convertible that we drive all the time on the weekends:) I think we put like 8.000 miles on it so far this year:cool: It is so sweet. So, in 2003, the cuda will probubly never get driven;) I swore that the bike would get 12.000 miles in 2003, I hope that we can do that few of miles;) Hang in there dude, I keep hearing thease Harleys are worth waiting for;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Also depends on your dealer and how much he luv's you. Some dealers are known to take your deposit and make a promise. When you bike gets in, if there is someone else who wants it and is willing to pay more or is a long time friend, they will get the bike. You will be told it hasn't come in yet. Hopefully, your dealer is not that type!

Mine was in stock, so my wait was one week...

Cheers

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ordered Gunmetal FXSTS mid July at MSRP I was told it would be in sometime between october & march. We just had our Indian Summer (80's) this week, so I'm not sure It'll be that warm here again till next summer. I figure it'll be mid-January when I get the call. Hopefully el'nino (how ever spelt) will be good to us this year.
And Im still waiting for my sportster engine to come back from repair, its been a month and a half now.

Soon, very Soon.

Buzz

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Waited four months for my 2003 fatboy in Gunmetal Pearl! But, I wanted Gunmetal Pearl!!!:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought mine overseas thru the AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange System) They get a percentage of orders from GM, Chrysler, Ford and Harley just for military members stationed overseas. I got it delivered about six weeks after ordering it. Granted, it was stock, but that's still quick. I didn't have to pay any dealer mark-up either.

Wil' Bill

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhhhh MAN!!! I'm STILL waiting!!!!!!! :mad: WhAAAAAAA!!!! ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think the Phase II bike build just recently started, maybe a week or two ago. From what I understand, some dealers have not begun taking deposits on Phase III yet. Not sure exactly how it works. But each dealer gets a certain allottment, say, maybe for phase 3 they get 3 Two Tone Road Kings. If they have a 4th buyer for Two Tone RK, they then have to try to negotiate with HD to swap something else they have for a Two Tone Road King. Or something like that... Not sure how their original allottment gets set, I am sure there is some formula. I found a dealer that was willing to take MSRP for the bike I wanted.... after some additional discussion, I determined that the dealer did not have any bikes like the bike I wanted unspoken for in their allottment, they were going to try to swap to get one. I opted to check around at regional HD Dealers, and found a Two Tone FatBoy in Phase II available... actually, we found 2.

I plunked my money down two weeks ago.. Build Date is Nov 22nd on a Two Tone FLSTFI. And I had a connection, and the deal is good too....

John

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I called my dealer and was told there was no bikes in stock and would have to camp out for one. I went there to look at 2 used bikes they told me about on the phone. When I got there and seen the overpriced used bikes. The owner then asked if I was buying it to ride or resell. I told him to ride and he took me in the back and showed me a new night train and said look at and if I wanted it I could buy it. He then told me the price and walked away. That was at about noon and 3 hours later I rode home to tell my wife, that I instead of ordering a bike and having nearly a year to come up with the money. That I needed a ride back to the dealer to pickup my car.

·
: Þ
341 Posts
Hi all,
New to the forum.....

I waited 4 months for mine. Ordered first week of february and picked up on July 20. I got the Firefighter special edition road king. It was definately worth the wait.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Met a guy last night that walked into a dealer and bought a 2003 Road King still on the crate, he waited 4 hours until they put it together for him!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wait??

Why the waiting period? Did you special order a bike with certain colors, add-ons, etc?

In Nov. 2001, I just went into the stealer and picked the one I wanted off the showroom floor. Within a couple of hours my credit was approved, the bike was ready to go, and I was out the door.

Around here there is no problem finding Harleys at the dealership.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I waited a week , but I could have bought the same model off the floor .... I wanted a different colour and fuel-injection (2002) .My dealer found what I wanted a another dealer and traded them . Both bikes were still in the crate .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts