V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tony Kebhart
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long after installing new lifters and pushrods should you let the engine run before the valve rattle goes away?

Also when installing the adjustable push rods...Should you open up the push rods until you feel resistance from the Lifter/rocker(zero lash) then go an additional 2 1/2 turns(900 degress of rotation). Is that correct?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just did mine last month following a cam replacement. Assuming you are talking about SE adjustables, yes, rotate your rear tire with bike in 5th gear until your lifters are at their lowest. I started with my front cylinder. Adjust pushrods so there is zero lash. Then adjust 2 1/2 turns more, tighten locknut. Wait 15-30 minutes for the lifters to bleed down and you should be able to spin them with two fingers. Rotate rear tire until the other set are at their lowest and repeat.

A few rotations of your rear tire should pump up enough oil to where you should not hear any valve noise at all when you start her up.

·
Registered
487 Posts
if installed correctlybut at times when pump cams ect have been apart i have seen like witth some hydrosolid up to 20 miles befor they get completely quite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts