V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My biggest fear is that my bike will come back from the dyno tune with a slugish timing map and a perfect afr. I have little faith in my local tuner, so I'm thinking of using a very aggressive timing values in my base map in hopes of a better tune. Is this a good idea?
Will my base map really matter? Doe most tuners spend enough time playing with timing? In my experiences with tuning cars, timing equals big power if done right.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Why not ask your tuner if he has tuned other bikes with identical or highly similar components to your bike, and what his results look like? You will be able to know if he is using your bike as his learning curve, and see what kind of results he's achieved with similar builds.

Also ask him to outline his methodology; take notes; and, check with a good tuner on this or another forum to see if your guy is on the mark or not.

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
raycer said:
My biggest fear is that my bike will come back from the dyno tune with a slugish timing map and a perfect afr. I have little faith in my local tuner, so I'm thinking of using a very aggressive timing values in my base map in hopes of a better tune. Is this a good idea?
Will my base map really matter? Doe most tuners spend enough time playing with timing? In my experiences with tuning cars, timing equals big power if done right.
I realize this does not answer your question but IMO you should trust your insticnt and find someone who will do it right. Capable, experienced & motivated (read expensive).

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
i agree with harley and jerry. you will never be confident with the tuner you mentioned.

there is a reason you dont trust him-----------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts