V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love my sporty but the thing I realy hate is how lazy the carb is expecially when it is hot right off idle if you give it a couple of reves it seems to be better but if it idles thruogh a red light when you go to take off it seems really doggy. I put the over the counter jet kit in it and it pulls like jack the bear I hve 13/4 drags and stock breather box totally gutted so it is wide open with a K&N filter the jet is 180main and 45 slow + a neddle change I can only imagine when it gets really hot out she will be a real lug. Any help would be great Meat

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You want better throttle response. Ask for PN 27728-99. That may not show up on their computer. Ask to see the screamin eagle CV 44 tuners kit. YOu want the vacuum piston spring. It's a lighter spring than what you have now. Total cost, $3.00 plus tax.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
You can tune the carb till the cows come home, but it will be a pig down low till you lose the drag pipes.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Exactly Syclone, the fastest way I know to kill low-end torque is install a set of drag pipes. I remember the last set I bought some years ago, they looked killer & sounded tough as hell(I couldn't wait to ride it)

I got out on the road & rode it probably five miles before I went straight home & removed them in disgust, the bike ran EXACTLY the same as Meat describes.

-John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts