V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Occasionaly I like to break out the wire brush and battery acid for those pesky stains that just won't come off, but for the most part, lava soap and sand paper work pretty good.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Cleaning without leaving swirl marks

Mequires nxt next generation wash, softens water and leaves no spots. I use soft wool mit and two buckets. one with lathery soap solution and one with just water. I rinse the mit off in the clean water bucket after each section wash , in this order,paint, chrome,frame and lastly engine and wheels. air blow dry.
I use micro fiber towels to apply and remove polishes and waxes.
Mequires nxt next gernation wax removed all the swirl marks off my Vivid Black RKC which showed up cleaning with just soapy water and terry cloths and drying with terry cloths.
I use mequires nxt next generation detailer spray [clear bottle] to clean entire bike between washes like after three days of riding. Clean with micro fiber rags and it leaves no swirl marks on my 06 RG deep cobalt blue. I mean I dont have one swirl mark. if one shows up ill just remove it with the nxt wax and swirl remover.
Lathery soap and emulsifiers lift dirt and grime off and away from paint. Soft wool mit dosnt scratch like terry does. Micro fiber is 1000 times more porous.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
On a hot day, I'll ride mine through the car wash. If if's too cold, I drop the training wheels down and let them pull it through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ramman 05 Xl1200c

Car wash.........sray it down.........spot free rinse.......ride it two blocks to my house.........blow dry wipe it down with eagle spray wax......buff it with a soft cloth...................ect.etc.....................................done:puke:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMAO I had heard horror stories at the Stealer about useing soap and water. They said only use this special spray from th Moco and micro fiber cloth. I was thinking ya right and grind the dirt and mud from my rain ride into my black paint....Thanx to all 06 FLSTCI Vivid Black Ride Safe John

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Try here......................

Fordman said:
Hello, lokking for how other people clean their bikes. Thank you
Ride Safe John
................for a serious and professional answer to your question, click here

Hawg Wash

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
A good car cleaning or bike type suds and most importantly leaf blower. Once you get done washing, fire up that leaf blower and it takes care of the drying.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Soap, water, leaf blower....

But usually let the dealer wash it at service intervals. If I have to do it, which I rarely do, just plain old car wash soap and water. I hate washing the bike. I don't wash my pickup much either.

I rode close to 20,000 miles last season, and had the oil changed every 2500 at the dealer. If you're a regular customer, they have the bike detailed before you get it back.

A few times, the bugs got thick enough on the windshield that I'd clean that, but that's about it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rinse with water. Spray with S100 wash, & rinse again.

Blow dry with electric leaf blower, especially mirrors, etc, where water collects & I can't get at.

Then chamois to remove any excess water. This usually shines nicely. If not, I use Harley spray & it glistens.

Used to do a big ritual with wax, etc. but usually don't do this now, because the S100 is so easy & gives such a good result. Once or twice per year, I will do a more thorough job with protectant, leather treatment for seat, etc.

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
angleflights said:
Mequires nxt next generation wash, softens water and leaves no spots. I use soft wool mit and two buckets. one with lathery soap solution and one with just water. I rinse the mit off in the clean water bucket after each section wash , in this order,paint, chrome,frame and lastly engine and wheels. air blow dry.
I use micro fiber towels to apply and remove polishes and waxes.
Mequires nxt next gernation wax removed all the swirl marks off my Vivid Black RKC which showed up cleaning with just soapy water and terry cloths and drying with terry cloths.
I use mequires nxt next generation detailer spray [clear bottle] to clean entire bike between washes like after three days of riding. Clean with micro fiber rags and it leaves no swirl marks on my 06 RG deep cobalt blue. I mean I dont have one swirl mark. if one shows up ill just remove it with the nxt wax and swirl remover.
Lathery soap and emulsifiers lift dirt and grime off and away from paint. Soft wool mit dosnt scratch like terry does. Micro fiber is 1000 times more porous.

By the time your done I have riden several hundreds miles. Your still in the driveway, but hey, I guess it looks good at the bar.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
rinse with water, apply meguire's soft wash gel to palm of hand and GENTLY massage into chrome, paint etc rinse while doing this with hose, ride return and chamois.this method has protected my chrome 'n paint from all the little swirls we all see in the sunlight FWIW

1 - 20 of 54 Posts