V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks everybody, I love the look of these, but how do they sound? Also should I go powercomander with them or the piece harley sells? Kand N filter or screamin eagle?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
ROADKING36 said:
Thanks everybody, I love the look of these, but how do they sound? Also should I go powercomander with them or the piece harley sells? Kand N filter or screamin eagle?
Thanks,
Chris
My nephew has them on his chopper with a TC 95", they sound very good, deep rumble at idle, although, he put the Thunder Monster baffles in from Big City Thunder.

Beware! these pipes do kick up dust from the road though.

I would go with the Arlen Ness Big Sucker kit which includes the K&N filter and then the PCIII to tune it. You would be all set then.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
I have them on my 04 Deuce. They sound and look great. THey are loud. I have the stage one flash and SE filter. Also have a PCIII installed.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I put a set on my dads texas chopper with a worked 107. It was really loud and actually performed rather well on the dyno. It lost minimal hp/tq as compared to the d+ds that came stock.. I will try to find the graphs and post them..

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Have them on my Lowrider with thunder monster baffles. Good performance and they sound great. Also I have the Ness Big Sucker air intake.:coffee:

·
Registered
282 Posts
They're on my 05 Super Glide. I had SE IIs before them and definately like the look and sound better than the SEs. As far as the upper end, I wouldn't waste my money on the SE air kit unless you plan on spending the money to buy a K&N filter at the same time. The "new" paper filter in the SE Stage I is a piece of crap.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Oh, can't wait to see the responses on this one...K&N vs SE, SE vs K&N
%[email protected]

There must be a hundred post or so on this topic.

George C said:
The paper may not flow as well as a K&N, but the K&N filter is the worst for filtering out dirt.
I'll keep my paper..

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree George, the paper does filter out dirt, but the SE filters they are using after HD terminated their contract with K&N have been coming apart. There are a number of posts here regarding the foam breaking down and being sucked into the bike. Given the choice between dirt and foam, I'll take the dirt.
As far as I know this isn't a problem with the OEM filters only the paper SE filters.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I'm glad you pointed that out.
I did not know that.
I know in automotive uses, K&N fails to filter out the finer particles.
In fact, if you hold a K&N up to the sun, you can see how awful of a filter it really is.
But, I have to agree, dirt is better that dirty foam..

Does Amsoil or AFE make a performance filter element?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts