V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 E glide with a custom map on a PC111 USB. How do I retreive the map on my bike and save it to a disk on my laptop? Is the file small enough to fit on a 3 1/4" floppy (1.44mb I think, been a long time). What are the steps I need to do?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I assume that as long as I dont click send map etc that I wont lose the map that is in my bike?
Ken

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
kken6217 said:
Thanks. I assume that as long as I dont click send map etc that I wont lose the map that is in my bike?
Ken
Haven't done it for a while but you won't lose your map unless you replace
it with another. The map should easily fit on a floppy if thats all you can do on your laptop but I would then put it on a cd.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One last thing. I assume that the order of doing things is:
open PC software, hook up cable from PC to laptop, then the last thing is turn on the bike? Also can you use the adapter with a 9 volt battery instead?

Thanks again,
Ken

·
Registered
265 Posts
kken6217 said:
One last thing. I assume that the order of doing things is:
open PC software, hook up cable from PC to laptop, then the last thing is turn on the bike? Also can you use the adapter with a 9 volt battery instead?

Thanks again,
Ken
Use the 9volt to power the PC or, you have to have the bike running (at least I do on my '04 Heritage).

I run the software, hook up the PC via the USB cable and then power up the PC. The software should retieve the map that's loaded in the PC.

Once the map has been retieved, then save it on your laptop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts