V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put 28" drag bars on my dyna, with 9.5" risers. In general I like the effect but my buddy said that since my hands are now closer together I will have less reaction time. I wanted to get some feedback on pros and cons for drag bars if possible. I hope this is the right forum, this did not fit exactly into any category.

I know the purpose of drag bars is generally to go straight and fast, but how do they affect turning?

Here is what I have

2004 FXDX
95 JUGS
SE CNC PORTED HEADS
SE 257 CAM
MIKUNI 45 CARB
THUNDERHEADER 2-1 EXHAUST
SE 6200 RPM IGNITION

thanks!

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
My bars are almost identical to your's. Carlini...28" wide at the ends of the grips & 10" risers (measured to the center of the handlebars). I don't do a whole lot of twisty riding down here in Pensacola but when I see something in the road I want to avoid I have no problems zigging and zagging.
Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have run everything from beach bars to clip ons when I raced, anything works, so dont be concerned about it and get the bars you like.

Too much rake in the triple trees will cause the rider to have to get the bike in a headlock and drag it around the corner at slow speeds............but even with that the rider soon adapts to it.

Reaction time has to do with wheel base, rim/tire diameter/width, front rake, fork oil weight, and mostly you the rider..................

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts