V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my profile and noticed that the dates are all wrong. My join date is listed as January 07, (not correct) and all post dates are from then till now.(also not correct) Why is this?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
ummmm.... could it have something to do with the database being corrupted? :duh?:

·
Opinions Vary
161 Posts
AmIron said:
......And will this ever be corrected?
I would bet not . . .

Depending upon the specific tool used to repair the SQL DB's (basically simple tables), missing or questionable data is often 'fudged' in with a algorithm that is at best a "good guess at estimation". In very basic terms - The idea is to get some kind of valid data in there so it will no longer error the engine upon query.

So - even faulty data - if a valid data type - makes it possible to function.

why you? luck of the draw . . .
Theres upwards of a hundred tables, each with lots and lots of fields, and each field holding way way lots of actual data . . .

Hacking in the various bits of data to correct individual values (post counts and such) is a serious PITA, and honestly not worth the time involved in making such changes. Unless you have say a dozen members on your board. Even then it's a PITA tho.
At this point, with things running, it's best to just move forward with whats here I'd guess.

BUT - upgrading to the latest versions of the board, and making automatic backups and dumps often and regularly would certainly minimize chances of ever having to go through it again.
Maintenance - what a concept . . .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your explanation makes sense. It's not real important to me that all the information about dates of posts and my join date be accurate, I was just curious.
Now I'm wondering how it will affect my renewal date.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
AmIron said:
Your explanation makes sense. It's not real important to me that all the information about dates of posts and my join date be accurate, I was just curious.
Now I'm wondering how it will affect my renewal date.

Probably cost you an x-tra 20$ since your "tag" is a competing mag.:gun: ^rolleyez^ :roflback:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts