V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2003 Deuce about two months ago and the bike has the following mods (that I know of).....filter...and S.E pipes (not the slip-ons). My question is how can you tell if the programming was done to the bike (it is an EFI)??? Don't wanna do any damage to the HOG...by running lean thanks!! Oh yeah the dealer didn't know for sure what programming was done...he just said it was by HD.

350Z

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I'm surprised the dealer said they couldn't tell. I got a print out on mine which was done by the dealers computer. I'd think it would be in a computer where they could access the information using your vin. you might try calling another dealer.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
How does it run, and have you taken a look at your spark plugs?

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
oh1deuce said:
How does it run, and have you taken a look at your spark plugs?

As oh1deuce says here, spark plugs will be a good indicator. Take a plug wrench and find a nice road with about a mile run. Get up to about 85 ahd hold it for a mile or so. Then fan the engine and stop without idling, look at either or both of the plugs. If they seem to have some color to them, you are probably already flashed. If completely white, probably not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...sweet...one more question though...what does fan the engine mean?? Thanks angain!!!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
350Z said:
...sweet...one more question though...what does fan the engine mean?? Thanks angain!!!

Sorry....fan, as I use it, means to shut down quickly. Fanning the throttle is to close the throttle. That way, you won't get on the idle circuit while you are slowing down so as to look at a plug or two. You will have a reading from the high speed circuit which will tell you a lot about your A/F mixture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts