V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking at up'ing the torque of my Springer Classic, going for Bassani Tru Duals, Arlen Big Suck, PCIII, allready have Kerker Slip ons. The Bike is going to be a back and forth to work/2 up tourer,, NOT a Racer, Question is what the whe biggest cam to put in with out going over board. Looking at a Andrews 37, or maybe Wild Things TC2,, should I stay with a 26/TC1?

Your thoughts guys?

:unsure:
%[email protected]

·
Can you hear me now
153 Posts
Unless your going to do alot of WOT riding the TC1 is plenty good for more torque and HP. The TC2 is geared for giving the same low and mid range output but also provides the high range to.
Not sure what your commute is like, but I ride the back roads to work I don`t need the top end for my crusing pleasure.
I guess it is also a personal choice to....Either one works well.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I would go with the Andrews gear-drive 37G. Good performance throughout the range, good for up to 9.8 compression, and usually cheaper. Andrews makes most of the other cams anyway.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hey Steve, BTW how's it going over there in the big sandbox?

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Fyrdog said:
I would go with the Andrews gear-drive 37G. Good performance throughout the range, good for up to 9.8 compression, and usually cheaper. Andrews makes most of the other cams anyway.
Just thought I would add that the 37 needs 9.7 or 9.8 to be happy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Advise guys,

The big Sand box is Dusty, dry, hot, and devoid of all colour other than shades of TAN.

God I can wait to get back to Germany, put th bike in the shop, add my new toys hear it fire up for the first time with that potatoe, potatoe harely sound (Cam induced of course) and take it out and do some cruising on the Black Forrest strausse,, God its a nice ride.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Keep the dream alive Steve and be safe until you get back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.