V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Bill, one of the times I enjoy most when traveling is stopping in a scenic rest area and stretch my legs and enjoy a smoke. But most of the time when I am traveling I must cover a lot of miles in a very short period of time or else I wouldn't be able to go as often. So I installed a cigarette lighter in easy reach and a pouch on the tank for the cigaettes. I don't stop nearly as often now and enjoy a quick smoke while cruising. I have a small sport shield which does not deflect the wind at the grips so while on the open road I hold the lit cigarette in my left hand while resting it just the other side of the switch housing behind the sport shield. This way it doesn't burn rapidly like it does when directly in the wind. When I'm through i properly dispose of the butt..

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Nope! Damn near three years without one and very proud of it considering that I smoked them for over 30 years and quit them when I was 44 years old! :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Juat as a point of clarification. Are we talking Tabbacco or what? :D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Oh well, that's different!:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
I always have a cigar while I ride....The local Cigar shop for me is an hour away so it makes a nice little ride there, and by the time i get home the Cigar is finished.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
One of the reasons I like the Glide is the cigarette lighter. Use it all the time, but all I smoke are Marlboro's.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I regularly smoke cigars while riding on the FLHTC. There's something about real enjoyment: a Harley and a cigar. Now if I could just...wow, I better stop or I'll have to put myself over in the EOR Forum. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Smokes.....there's ONLY 1 kind!!

JimmyK said:
Juat as a point of clarification. Are we talking Tabbacco or what? :D
Yeah, Jimmy, that's kinda' what the DOG was thinkin'......if they're not "funny-lookin' smokes", then I'd have to pass.....ah...."don't bogart that joint my friend, PASS it over to me!!!"

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey Bill, bet yer glad ya asked huh? LOL!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have no idea... There is lots of useful information in this thread. I now know that if I'm going to do bong hits on a bike, Ti stick is a bad choice, and I should instead opt for something with a brighter hue and flavour, such as hydro, or purple sticky punch. It's things like these that are truly important that they leave out of the MSF courses.

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts