V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heritage Harley, PA. Wow almost worth the trip. That price will be hard to beat. Softail $1750 off,Dyna $1500, Sportster $1000 off. Is Harley flooding the market.

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
Not worth it to me. I'm bonding with my bike just fine.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
as an ex car salesman, let me warn you that there are lots of tricks in sales, just one example: you are lured in by the discount, only to get the same amount discounted from your trade. by this time, you have already taken mental ownership of the new bike and GOTCHA!!!!!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
3K off a new Road King sounds like a pretty good deal, is that published somewhere?

Think the soft matket on new has anything to do with all the extreme low milage late model used on the market?

Real shame they gotta sell new cheaper than used to move product....

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm pretty sure I have the last one I'll be buying....
Famous last words!!!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
wouldn't matter if I was buying new, money off msrp is always good if your in the market to buy. I would like to know what the freight and set up charge is though. the dead of winter is always the best time to buy a harley up north.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Sounds like their wanting to move some iron bad, they must be hurting pretty good to chop prices on the touring bikes. The dealer I do business with moves the touring line like hot cakes, especialy Ultra's.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
I guess our dealer hasn't caught wind of these discounts. They are still above MSRP here.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
jockeyshift said:
I guess our dealer hasn't caught wind of these discounts. They are still above MSRP here.
Yea some dealers are still hardcore about pricing, but eventual their inventory will make them give in.
The dealers here in Tampa hide their bulging inventory in a warehouse to make it look like they have no bikes.

Heres a small story about that.

A friend wants a new Soft Deluxe in blue a white, they tell him they have one coming in next month so leave a deposit and he does, the next day they call and say its in.
Now this is the good part, he's standing out back having a smoke at delivery and talked to a detail kid that tells the bike he bought has been in their warehouse for over two months.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
brownjams said:
I would like to know what the freight and set up charge is though.
I posted their ad and some examples over a week ago...i stopped first to see if it was B.S. or ?
They are knocking the $2000 off touring bikes...freight and prep is $800
They won't give prices over the phone...but call Tim Mize and he'll tell you what they have available
MSRP - $discount + $800frt/prep + tax/plate(unless your from out of state) = what the bike will cost.
and if you buy a bike, you'll get a chance to win a sportster on sat. the 18th...25% off in stock parts from 9-noon that day...free food

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No catches, $2000 of MSRP any 2006 Touring Model. Dealers all over are way overstocked. Prices will drop very soon everywhere, mark my word.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Dave1200C said:
No catches, $2000 of MSRP any 2006 Touring Model. Dealers all over are way overstocked. Prices will drop very soon everywhere, mark my word.
I here ya Dave and the prices will go lower. :duh?:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts