V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good SERT tuner in the Houston TX vicinity? I have a friend who will be living in the area for a while and needs an experienced tuner to have a go at his bike.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Do What I Do

Here is a link for tuners, you have to look through to see which applies to you. Maybe pay attention to page 4.

I have used woodlands HD and their tuner did an ok job on mine, not alot of runs though. I hear Mancuso at Crossroads has a good tuner.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64616

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mancuso does not have a SERT tuner @ either location. They did at one time have a guy (George) who was real good with the Power Commander but he left a little over a year ago.

Jeremy @ Competition Cycles never tuned with a SERT. He was a very good carb & Power Commander tuner. He is no longer there. When Jesse sold the shop over 1 1/2 years ago all the good help left.

Jason @ Texan H-D in Conroe does a good job with the SERT. If you want to go south to GOE H-D in Angleton they do a good job with the SERT.

·
Road_glider
231 Posts
Bert can do!

Contact REPUBLIC Harley-Davidson/Buell
12707 Southwest Frwy Stafford, TX 77477
281-295-1000

Schedule an appointment with Bert Cherry, Mastser Technician.

I have talked with him and he recommended the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner on my '07 TC. He is very good and will take his time. He is not cheap but what is on a Harley.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
SERT Tuning

I talked to the Service Mgr at Mancuso Crossroads on Saturday.
He said they have 3 guys who tune SERT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I talked to the Service Mgr at Mancuso Crossroads on Saturday.
He said they have 3 guys who tune SERT.
Dave has never sent anyone to school to learn how to use the HD SERT. They have been and still are Power Commander junkies. The majority of their technicians could not find a tire with a missing valve stem cap. Don't let them BS you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts