V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live south of Houston in the League City/Clear Lake area of town and I am looking for some good riding groups. Any Houston riders meet on the weekends or weeknights in the south Houston/Clear Lake/League City area? I am looking for more riders in my area. Email me if you ever ride around here and want to get a beer sometime and take a ride.
[email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks -
Kent
'00 XL Custom

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I'm about an hour north of Houston and would enjoy riding with a semi local group-but not around Houston. Too much traffic, too many nuts, too dangerous. I don't know how you guys do it. I guess it's something you've been around awhile. If you ever head north-let me know. Bring JimmyK...he's buying the beer.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hell yea! I live in Spring. Head North of Houston, Navasota, Huntsville, Lake Livingston, Centerville, Dallas,,... screw it, lets all hit Oklahoma and drag David and Ralph along.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I do believe we're getting the four corners of H-town covered. I live on the west side of Houston about a mile and a half from the Easy Riders on Westheimer. I've never really ridden in a group, so I suspect I'd be the slow link. I got invited to a HOG rally though this Sunday, I think it will be at the Battleship Texas. My wife signed us up for HOG to get the magazines mainly, but at least one of my friends at work is expecting us to be participants. Being new, shy and unable to hold my liquor, I'm pretty nervous about going anywhere. Very exciting listening to all your posts, though.

John

·
Registered
102 Posts
John,
Forget the booze when you're on the road.
You can still have a great time, sociallizing with the gang, alcohol free!
Besides, the bugs are MUCH tastier when you are not dulled! :D
(That's a metaphor for "enjoying the wind")! DOH!
Make no mistake, I'm no crusader, 12-stepper, or what-ever!
If ya want to get rip-roarin', fine by me.
Enjoy yourself whenever & as much as possible.
Just don't mix a motor, tires, pavement, and alcohol.
I sound like I'm preachin', but it's like this!
You ride a 2-wheeler!
That makes you a brother!
And I care about my family (extented to include YOU!)
Take Care & Ride Safe!
bear aka Don B

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bear, thanks for the advice and encouragement. :) Man, I can taste those Texas toasted li'l June bugs right now! Hehe. :p

Kent, Dave, and JimmyK, a ride I've taken a few times without mishap near downtown is Memorial Drive going from Wortham Center downtown all the way to Highway 6. Its got some curves and just a little traffic. There's a biker Ice House down Hwy 6 near Briar Forest and then Easy Riders on Westheimer where they have Indian Motorcycles, really beautiful used Harleys, Big Dogs and some other bikes, plus a bar and grill.

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm from Pasadena and my wife and I get out all the time your way. Don't look like we're going anywhere this weekend, thanks alot Fay :mad: Maybe next weekend?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not this weekend

Yeah I am pretty sure this weekend is out, but next weekend will be better...I know it! Had a great ride last night around Seabrook (Sturgis by the Bay) and then on to Friendswood (R&R Sports Bar) with a few of the Gypsys. It was a great night!

I heard that that Easyriders Bar and Grill was bought by someone else and they didn't really cater to Bikers anymore, so I haven't been. Is the Easyriders Bar and Grill still a great spot to stop, or has it changed? Thanks for the input.

KSims1868
'00 XL Custom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kent, I've eaten at Easy Riders bar and grill twice with my family and there were few people there. I don't know who owns it now. As a new rider, I haven't gotten to know the best places for riders to hang out, yet.

You have the open road and the open sea close by. I'm jealous!

John:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
We like to go to Scooters on Telephone Road just south of the Beltway. Biker friendly and great hamburgers.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Magnolia! Getting close to home. Count me in as soon as this storm passes. Anybody made a trip to the Boardwalk (Kemah I think) yet? Is it worth a look?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey Dave, I'll do Kemah with ya! Or San Antonio, or Oklahoma to see DaveP and Ralph, or Dallas where they can meet us, or hell we can go to Louisiana and hit New Orleans, or Austin and do the Hill Country, or.... well hell let's do something!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The 20th and 21st of this month. Bandera Roundup and Ride. I'm scheduled to work that weekend but I'm gonna try to get out of it. It's the 2nd annual...about 300 bikes there last year. Beautiful country. Lots of ups and downs and twisty turns. Its at the city park on the Medina River. They cleaned it up real good after the flood.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Crap! I do believe I am moving back into my home that weekend. Keep me posted and I will work something out.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I won't know if I have to work until next week sometime. We have a horse's a$$ for a Major. Maybe if I kiss it a little. Nah, I'll have to think of something else.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
DISCLAIMER!

Have Fun, Will Travel.

Bla HAhahaha

Now don't anyone THINK about stealing that one from me. make up yer own crap. LOL!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Seriously, there are quite a few of us within a few hours of each other. We need to have a gatherin' one of these days. Of course, anybody else that wants to come would be more than welcome. Cox9000 might even show up. I'm pretty sure that once he gets his scoot, he won't be getting off for a while and just might end up in Texas.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yea well how's about 5thGear ?

HEY 5TH ! Y'ALL GONNA JUMP IN THIS THING OR WHAT?

Come on man!

And the rest of y'all. Let's figure a place and get a bunch a folks together.

HEY DAVIDP ! WTF? YOU ONLY COME OUT WHEN YA GOT SOMEONE TO NUKE NOW? I know how it is. Once ya get the taste for blood ya start LOOKING for someone to fry!

LET'S PUT THIS TOGETHER!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.