V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of these guys form Michigan with the Hotshot flowed heads for twin cam?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,508 Posts
Heads

Doc,
I've never heard of "Hotshot Heads".
 

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
Well, there was this red head once I knew from Michigan, but I digress........
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hillsidecycle.com said:
Doc,
I've never heard of "Hotshot Heads".
I never heard of them either but a customer of mine wants me to install them on his bike....I'm a little leary to tell you the truth. He is bringing them over for me to look at...I'll go from there.
 

·
Here for the education!
Joined
·
788 Posts
They are from sandusky ohio, and i have nothing good to say about them! Had them machine in and install some compression releases into some sportster heads, they both blew out after a few miles! They also balanced the crank as well, the bike has never vibrated soooo bad. I've heard some other horror storys about them too. When I first got started with them the guy on the phone was telling me how thier heads are so much etter then everyone elses, and stating that others just do it wrong! Some of the name he was stating are leading guys in the industry!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hdryder said:
They are from sandusky ohio, and i have nothing good to say about them! Had them machine in and install some compression releases into some sportster heads, they both blew out after a few miles! They also balanced the crank as well, the bike has never vibrated soooo bad. I've heard some other horror storys about them too. When I first got started with them the guy on the phone was telling me how thier heads are so much etter then everyone elses, and stating that others just do it wrong! Some of the name he was stating are leading guys in the industry!
This is why we don't hear about them...I suspected as much...thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,508 Posts
Hot Shot

HDMD88 said:
I never heard of them either but a customer of mine wants me to install them on his bike....I'm a little leary to tell you the truth. He is bringing them over for me to look at...I'll go from there.
Doc,
We do know of Hot Shot Motor Works, in Ohio. I was suspecting that they may be of that origin, but not knowing all the particulars, also thought that maybe another outfit altogather.
Scott
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hillsidecycle.com said:
Doc,
We do know of Hot Shot Motor Works, in Ohio. I was suspecting that they may be of that origin, but not knowing all the particulars, also thought that maybe another outfit altogather.
Scott
Have you ever seen any results of their heads?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,508 Posts
Heads

HDMD88 said:
Have you ever seen any results of their heads?
I have not seen any of their stuff on our Dyno.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35 Posts
Hot Shot heads

98 heritage (evo): my heads were ported at hot shot, along with an Andrews
EV27 cam, usual jetting, SE ignition, and simple SE slip ons. Torque and power are exelent, the bike runs so dam good I am afraid to change anything else. Have not put it on a dyno yet. The biggest thing I notice is gas milage; it likes to cruse about 80. at that speed I get about 50mpg!
Crusing slower, about 65, I get over 60mpg-usually 62, as high as 65mpg
in town I get 43/mpg.
Before doing the heads I got 48mpg on the highway doing about 70, now I get 48mpg doing 90 to 95 mph.
I think the guys over at hot shot are doing something right, I would like to hear from someone with those heads and more radical cams. Also the twin cams dont seem to get very good milage, but power is easy. I wonder if HotShot could get a 96" motor to dyno at 80 hp, and still break 50mpg.:hmmm:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
625 Posts
Hey HDMD88

HDMD88 said:
Have you ever seen any results of their heads?

I didn't see this come up last month so sorry I didn't chime in for you.
I am using their heads and I'm very pleased with them also. The quality of work was excellent. A bit pricey though.
I would post the dyno sheet but when I try the "Manage Attachments" button it doesn't do anything.
With the build I had at the time I was getting 105/105 @ 14.5 fuel ratio with the typical Rinehart tru-dual sluggish bottom end. The tuner was "Rolling Thunder:thumbsdn: " He used the tuning link so there was no human touch to it and when I rode home it would detonate bad, real bad. So I worked on the map in the problem areas and got the detonation out and it ran much better. I would say it was around 110 TQ after that but not verified.
Since then, I have now installed a D&D fatcat and now it runs like it should starts pulling really hard at about 2300 rpm but like above I have not verified any of this with an actual dyno, but I'm welling to bet it's alot better than with the rineharts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
06roadglide said:
I didn't see this come up last month so sorry I didn't chime in for you.
I am using their heads and I'm very pleased with them also. The quality of work was excellent. A bit pricey though.
I would post the dyno sheet but when I try the "Manage Attachments" button it doesn't do anything.
With the build I had at the time I was getting 105/105 @ 14.5 fuel ratio with the typical Rinehart tru-dual sluggish bottom end. The tuner was "Rolling Thunder:thumbsdn: " He used the tuning link so there was no human touch to it and when I rode home it would detonate bad, real bad. So I worked on the map in the problem areas and got the detonation out and it ran much better. I would say it was around 110 TQ after that but not verified.
Since then, I have now installed a D&D fatcat and now it runs like it should starts pulling really hard at about 2300 rpm but like above I have not verified any of this with an actual dyno, but I'm welling to bet it's alot better than with the rineharts.
The ports look good (at least the workmanship does) I did cc them yesterday and the rear was 87cc and the front was 91cc so that didn't thrill me. I'm cutting them down to a 86cc chamber for the compression and squish I need. I'll report the results as soon as I get her tuned.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top