V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with the hotel we had reserved rooms for the big party in 2003 in milwauke. seems like they whant to jack the rate up. when we made the reseveration they said $60 a night now they are not standing by that rate. and can't tell ne how much more,it seems like Harley is in control of all the local hotels.sao my wife and i may not go it seems just because i ride a Harley i have to pay extra. i work to hard for my money just to give it away like that. i like to be kissed when i get f###. thanks for listening.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
The fair thing for the hotel to honor the original booking. I'd call and speak to the hotel manager. Be polite but firm.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
FXDeanX said:
It doesn't matter. If you cancel, some yuppie will gladly pay 600 dollars a night to be seen at the "Big Event"

Dean

BINGO ! Now that the Hotels are booked, ya got all the RUBS wanting YOUR ROOM and they are willing to pay the price to bump ya.

Bla hahahah WELCOME TO THE FAMILY my ass.

·
Banned
490 Posts
100th Accomodations

With an estimated 500,000 Harleys expected for the 100th next August, a city like Milwaukee is going to be seriously short of hotel rooms. The actual date of the celebration itself was a closely guarded secret, until a senior executive accidentally let the cat out of the bag a little earlier than he/she should have.

If the hotel where you had reservations is still holding them for you, you probably should just "grin and bear it"; unless the price is totally out of whack. At the 95th hotels were sold out as far away as Green Bay and Madison (about 100 miles from Milwaukee). You can't really blame hotel chains for raising prices during an event like this - I'm afraid its part of that good old American "supply and demand" thing. Harley itself has nothing to do with Milwaukee hotel industry. There is a link on the 100th Offical Site to an organization that is charged with coordinating alternate housing. I also know a fair number of folks who are planning on renting out their houses/condos etc. for the week - and they sure aren't doing it for 60 bucks a night either.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
At one of the few HOG chapter meetings I've attended(okay, no flames...been member over 18 months & only been to 5 - 6 :D), the president informed people that H-D had made some kind of deal with a booking company/agent for tickets, hotels, etc. and this company had gotten some kind of deal tieing up all the hotels in the Milwaukee area specifically for the H-D 100th Anniversary. Since it's such a big deal, they are going to make as much money as they can.

Will we(wife & I) be going? Probably so. Why? Brother-in-law lives in Milwaukee area(Southern transplant ;) ) and we have room-and-board already. :p

Now I'm still trying to talk wife into us riding bike up there instead of trailering it. I think if I get better seat(can we say....Mustang), she might go for it. Rather ride up there to enjoy the event. We can always use his car/truck to get around if needed.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Unome,

How about getting your wife's sister a round trip ticket from Milwaukee to Ga and back.
She flies down, then she and your wife can follow you in the family truck/cage. They get quality time to prattle, YOU get quality time in the saddle

Repeat in reverse.

wyo

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
wyodude said:
How about getting your wife's sister a round trip ticket from Milwaukee to Ga and back.
She flies down, then she and your wife can follow you in the family truck/cage. They get quality time to prattle, YOU get quality time in the saddle
Actually it's her brother who lives there and I don't see him riding in van while I ride bike back up north. Went to official H-D website and they said housing is open to general public.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Housing is now on sale for the Harley-Davidson® 100th Anniversary events in Wisconsin, August 28-31, 2003. The 100th Anniversary activities will be taking place in Milwaukee, Oshkosh, and surrounding areas of southeastern Wisconsin.

Mega Housing Management is the official housing bureau for the 100th Anniversary events. In preparation for the 100th Anniversary, last year Mega Housing secured a great deal of accommodations in the Milwaukee area. However, additional housing is continually becoming available as hotels and other suppliers release accommodations that were not included in the original Mega Housing room block.

Mega Housing will take reservations on a first come, first served basis for the best available accommodations. They can also help secure accommodations outside of Milwaukee, in southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois and campsites.

Customers may make reservations with Mega Housing by visiting their Web site. Mega Housing will also take reservations by telephone at 1-800-773-5069 (toll-free within the U.S.) or 414-325-5028. Operators will be available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST. Due to the limited availability of space, only one reservation will be allowed for each person; guests may not reserve blocks of rooms. However, a guest may make multiple reservations on behalf of a group, provided that each reservation is made under a different name and credit card number.

Attendees of the 100th Anniversary events are not obligated to use Mega Housing; customers may make arrangements on their own or through a travel agency. Housing prices and length of stay are determined by each provider and will vary.

NOTE: All dates, locations, times and activities are subject to change. Visit harley-davidson.com for the latest information.

http://www.megahousing.com/100/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, I just went back to H-D site and check one the FAQ and they've removed a LOT of stuff. One that I notice that is now missing is the
"Why does it cost so much to attend?".

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Tent + SleepingBag + BungieChord = Problem Solved For $15 at a KOA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts