V-Twin Forum banner

HOT Toppers

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  HAWG100 
#1 ·
Anyone used Hot Toppers on their v-rod yet? Fitment is different now with the V-rod being metric. Lot's of places to use them on the v-rod.

#2 ·
We put a set on the "TEST MULE". You have to use Silcone[RTV Clear] and glue them on. They don't fall off then! If you need to work on something you can pull them off and re-glue them on. Its a very complet kit. We will also be carrying the "DIAMOND STAINLESS BOLT KITS"
Best: Steve

#6 ·
I know BOB[HOT TOPPERS] is working on a Metric set. I was told its quite a ways away. The set he offers now looks/works great! The problem I guess is the word "GLUEING". I think its better that way , they don't fall off! "IMHO" His kit has every bolt covered, Top to bottom. And its a easey install!
Best: Steve

#7 ·
We don't need no stinkin' bolt covers..

ChopperSteve said:
I know BOB[HOT TOPPERS] is working on a Metric set. I was told its quite a ways away.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't believe there can be that much engineering work involved in making a set of chromed bolt covers in various sizes.... and you'd think with all the "Metric Cruiser" bikes out there, somebody would have tackled this long before the V-Rod appeared on the scene.

Of course, with its Porsche-designed engine, we probably ought to stick with the "form follows function" philosophy on the V-Rod, and leave the darn things off the bike. My V-Rod's already shiny enough...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.