V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
This thread is some incredible. In the day all the Norskies around here used to make the kids eat lutefisk at Christmas. Cod cured in lye. It's kinda like fish jello. Yup.

Here's a hot slaw recipe we make sometimes. Goes good with BBQ:

Hot Cole Slaw

Chop up a head of cabbage
1/2 C. sliced radishes
Large stalk celery

Fry six slices bacon
To bacon drippings add: 1T brown sugar
1T. sliced green onions, or more
1t. salt
1/4C. cider vinegar

Crumble the bacon and mix all together. This wil keep in the refrigerator for several days. When serving heat in the microwave on low for a minute or two. Unlike the original recipe I try not to cook the cabbage.

Were you kidding?
Everything's better with BACON!

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Well, three years later now, springer, best get workin on the sludge!!!!

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
2,040 Posts
All else being equal and given the option, I'll go for the fruitcake...

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
my ex sister in law sent me a cinnamon apple pie that sort of resembles the slaw.:hystria:

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Well, it's that time of year again,(4 years later) you gonna send me some of that stuff or wont it keep for more than a couple of hours.

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
Sorry I don't got no pictures, but I tried this ?slaw? 4 years ago.
I have a strong constitution for trying different foods, but I can live the rest of my short life without that experience again.
I can see where it would be an acquired taste, probably with a lifetime of abuse to acquire it, but I just don't see me acquiring anything to find it good enough for the dedication it takes to make it, much less actually eat it again.
I had to eat it all, nobody else would.
and yes it caused mass quantities of gas
I'd rather have fruitcake.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
I can see where it would be an acquired taste, probably with a lifetime of abuse to acquire it, but I just don't see me acquiring anything to find it good enough for the dedication it takes to make it, much less actually eat it again.
That is f'ing funny!!!!!!!

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
I tried to make it humorus
my hats off to Springer, I bow out of any manliness contest if the sludge is involved.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
You making up another batch or has the epa put a stop to it by now.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
You would think after 6 years of bringing this thread up the guy would send me a helping.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wow, I'd rather eat steamers with you, springer. Or "bottom feeders" as Bean would say. That **** looks.... well... like ****! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
7 years now and still no hot slaw, do I have to visit you at Thanksgiving out there or what?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts