V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
The great camel toe escap
1,133 Posts
nice... been awhile since i posted in here.. i have put over 13000 on the dresser this year in comfort and style... guess what i mis my sporty was it comfy sure not for 850 miles at a crack but 100-200 sure.. would it wheelie? hell yes it would and i loved it...

never posted it in here but the sporty was

thunderstorm heads heads were cleaned up and shaved for compression to 11-1
1250 kit
screaming eagle carb and intake
pingle petcock
bassani pro streets(not a fan of 2-1 on a sporty)
andrews n8 cams
sc igniton system

the new owner called me and his dyno test was 101 hp and 102 torque
i have since called him cause i wanted a dyno sheet but he will not return my calls

·
Registered
126 Posts
I could have bought a used rice-burner instead of dumping about 4 grand into my 96 Sporty, but I like my Sporty. It's my first HD and I just can't get rid of it.

When its done she'll have about 115-120 hp, comparable TQ, and I won't care if an R1 beats me. At least I won't have to shift as much. And it'll pull tail like a toilet seat at Lilith Fair.

·
Registered
126 Posts
NRHS/Axtell 88" cast iron kit
Stage 3 NRHS 04XL1200 heads
15 degree dome slugs, 10.5:1 CR
Mik 45 with manifold
Forcewinder AC
Andrews N9's
Dyna 2000 + Single Fire coil
Custom 2-1 Supertrapp (I'm gonna build it)

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
You also need a sticker or script writing for the rear fender that says, "Screamin' Eagle...tastes like chicken!"

Bwana

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, my name is bill and i have an 09 1200 sportster custom. I too was wondering the same thing, so i started searching the web. I found a company in Idaho called Hammer Performance. These guys really know their stuff and have a lot of different ways to add h.p. to your sporty. I've already sent my heads to them and am puchasing their 1250cc kit. Check them out, see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
fwiw...I have a set of 1200 heads taken off my 08 Nightster. Anyone interested, PM me.

Bwana

·
Registered
133 Posts
shifting gears and blackbird

Three things and two are comments on past post. One of the above posters talked about shifting gears less on a sportbike. I just had as 11 dyna with the six speed. At that time I had a 08 hayabusa. The hayabusa would pull from 2000 to 10500 in sixth without bucking. On the six speed harley fifty in sixth was hard on the motor and is a paint. Honestly 2000 rpm was not very comfortable either. It will only go to 5300 rpm I believe. Second, a previous poster talked about a blackbird. I have been told that suzuki chose Hayabusa as the name for the bike because it is the name of a falcon that hunts blackbirds, do not know if true. And lastly, I sold both of the above bikes and now have a vrod and a FXR. On my two bathroom scales, one under the front and the second under the rear, with a gallon of gas it weighs about 560 and of course I can put a big twin in it. Does a sportster weigh much less. Before the FXR i was considering the Buell. Best to everyone and I hope you had a MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2000 sporty with a S&S 89" Hot Setup pulling 95hp 104 tq with stock heads that I will sell you for WAY less that building a motor. This is even a fresh top end and will sell you a set of stage 3 ported Buell Thunderstorm heads, have not been assembled since redone that were a bolt on 15-20 hp to a 1250 buell kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Peacekeeper,

I have a 2012 Sportster Custom. My bike Dyon'd at 106hp and 95tq to the rear wheel. Punched it out 3 inches into a 1250cc.I had head work, valves, 662-1 cams, 50mm throttle body and manifold, nikasil cylinder, custom inserts in pipes, etc ... no crank work. The bike has perfect manners, is a daily driver, but turns instantly into a nasty monster with any quick adjustment of the throttle. The compression is up to 10:8 over the 9:2 stock. The pop from the pipes gives it away. It's LOUD but in a very nice sounding way. It sounds very very healthy. Be glad to share pictures and give details of the build. This is a new computer and I have not got pictures on it yet. Let me know if your interested in details and I will type them up. I will also get a link to a video of it on the dyno with numbers for you to see.

Proud to mention I hat the Bike built by TMan Performance in Kernersville NC. TMan has been in the game a long time. He also has his on brand of cams and many other parts. My bike is a black sporty. On their website under 1250cc kit they have my bike on the dyno. It shows 106hp and 92. something to the real wheel. I came in later after and I have the print out that says 106 hp and 95 tq. TMan builds bullet proof engines and will give advice to serious questions. TMan is to Harley what Lingenfelter is to the Corvette.

As I said my bike is a daily driver with manners at low speed. It pulls hard from 2400rpm on. Even in 5th with a roll onto the throttle it pulls like it is launching. I was doing about 80mph and down sifted into 4th and rolled to about half throttle and when I shifted up in to fifth the handles bars did a slight wiggle as the front end was pulling up. Normally I just cruise but time to time I get in it. It's a surprise every time! The engine never gets hot rather riding long and hard or being stuck in standstill traffic...

·
Banned
5,096 Posts
Hey Peacekeeper,

I have a 2012 Sportster Custom. My bike Dyon'd at 106hp and 95tq to the rear wheel. Punched it out 3 inches into a 1250cc.I had head work, valves, 662-1 cams, 50mm throttle body and manifold, nikasil cylinder, custom inserts in pipes, etc ... no crank work. The bike has perfect manners, is a daily driver, but turns instantly into a nasty monster with any quick adjustment of the throttle. The compression is up to 10:8 over the 9:2 stock. The pop from the pipes gives it away. It's LOUD but in a very nice sounding way. It sounds very very healthy. Be glad to share pictures and give details of the build. This is a new computer and I have not got pictures on it yet. Let me know if your interested in details and I will type them up. I will also get a link to a video of it on the dyno with numbers for you to see.

Proud to mention I hat the Bike built by TMan Performance in Kernersville NC. TMan has been in the game a long time. He also has his on brand of cams and many other parts. My bike is a black sporty. On their website under 1250cc kit they have my bike on the dyno. It shows 106hp and 92. something to the real wheel. I came in later after and I have the print out that says 106 hp and 95 tq. TMan builds bullet proof engines and will give advice to serious questions. TMan is to Harley what Lingenfelter is to the Corvette.

As I said my bike is a daily driver with manners at low speed. It pulls hard from 2400rpm on. Even in 5th with a roll onto the throttle it pulls like it is launching. I was doing about 80mph and down sifted into 4th and rolled to about half throttle and when I shifted up in to fifth the handles bars did a slight wiggle as the front end was pulling up. Normally I just cruise but time to time I get in it. It's a surprise every time! The engine never gets hot rather riding long and hard or being stuck in standstill traffic...

106 on the ground from a 1250 sporty? Impressive. I have to believe the dyno was just a bit happy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
:)

106 on the ground from a 1250 sporty? Impressive. I have to believe the dyno was just a bit happy!
TMan Performance, the builder, is awesome and holds land speed records for Harley. 197 mph on a bagger in 2011. His son's 883 just earlier this year set a new East Coast record of 147mph. I know it sounds hard to believe but the work done on this bike was and is serious. We have 2 Harley dealers within 20 miles of us and several other bike builders. Of all the ones with dyno's TMan's is the most conservative. If I was to take it to any other shop it would must surely be higher than 106hp. Several others have done just that and came back with hp being anywhere from 5-10 hp more than what was done on TMan's.
I have no doubts the dyno was not "happy" it was just giving the reading of a serious build.
50mm throttle body and manifold custom made. That's more than double stock. This thing pulls in 5th like no ones business. I personally have seen this thing at speeds you don't hear of from Harley's. If you saw the details of this build you would see 106hp...no problem.
Would take a bit to type it up but would be glad to do it.
Have a good one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pictures

For anyone interested I have added some pictures in an album. Until I can figure out how to put one on my profile it's the best I can do. I really like the brown seat. I had one custom made by High Rollers 1. for the looks...I like the brown. 2. I like the comfort of the Propad and 3rd. I had to have a higher rise in the bike to help stay on and the 95 ft tq kept pushing me up and over the stock and trying to remove me from the bike :0)
hope you like!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have a 91 xlh deluxe edition 883cc sportster with the 1200cc big bore kit and dual spark plugs per cylinder what hp and tq ratings I’m I looking at and if I put the 1200cc jugs on my sportster what size big bore kits are out there and what cc will it take it to and what’s the prices and who makes the kit

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
If you have a 91 xlh deluxe edition 883cc sportster with the 1200cc big bore kit and dual spark plugs per cylinder what hp and tq ratings I’m I looking at and if I put the 1200cc jugs on my sportster what size big bore kits are out there and what cc will it take it to and what’s the prices and who makes the kit
You've commented in a 5-yr old thread. For best results start a new thread and ask your question.

What you might do is call around to local inde shops in your area to see what they recommend. Look to see what other builds they've done. Also, check out Hammer Performance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody built a high HP wild ass sportster? How do they respond to performance mods? What kits are available? How big can you go on a big bore kit.

Was kicking around the idea of doing a bare bones hot rod sporty just for fun. Something to embarass the crotch rocket crowd on a regular basis. They are cheap, plentyful and light.

Anybody got experiences or pics?
The best idea I have been kicking around are 1275 jugs, high compression pistons, great mid power, not full race, cams, and 1200 polished and ported heads with a Thundermax ECM if you are running 2007 injected or later.
Last one of those I saw built was popping main belts, and that was switched to chains shortly after 2 drive belt replacements.
I'm currently looking for a 2007 883 to turn into my own 1275 beast myself.
That bike I saw was 0 to 60 in 2.25. No crotch could touch it... maybe not even a bousa.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts