V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06' FLHT carb. When fully warmed up the bike misses at idle only. It will run for appox. 3~5 seconds and then a complete miss. RPM's are at 1000 and a quick drop to 750~800. The bike is a stage one with SE air filter with K&N filter with RUSH SO's with 1.75" baffles. Carb has 190 main 46 slow mix out appox. 3 turns. I've tried different mixture settings. I've replaced all the intake seals, spark plugs amd tried different gas. Idea's??

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Well since it's carbed it can't be the 'skip fire mode' kicking in. The bike isn't throwing any codes???? My Indy's rule: Intermittent = Fuel
Constant = Electrical
Sure the wires are in good working order????
When it misses does it puff smoke or act like its starved for fuel???

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I guess the only way to tell on ether is just to replace. The bike runs great at all speeds above idle. I would think wires would cause other problems, but maybe not. The needle could be damaged I suppose and it's cheap enough. But why a problem only at idle and only when hot? When it misses there is no smoke. If you use the enricher a little not enough to raise the idle speed it definitely helps smooth it out. It seems to be lean. It has a 46 slow and I have adjusted the mixture out as much 3.5 turns.

·
Registered
128 Posts
id bum the slow jet up one size. if you adj the mixture screw 3-3.5 turns out

when tuneing that when you bump up one more size. idealy you want to

be inthe 2-2.5 turns out on the mix.screw. inmy op.{salute(

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, a carb fart is a rare event. No real pops on decel ether. The only real complaint is the missing a idle. It will idle at 1000 rpm for 3 to 5 seconds and then a clean miss, the tach drops to about 8 hundred and then returns to 1000. Never more than one miss at a time. When hot after a run, it may almost stall when pulling up to a stop and I need to keep some throttle on or it would. Then the next stop it might be OK. I'm beginning tgo think maybe one of the two sensors maybe bad (map or ckp). It is somewhat intermittent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts