V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just realized that I have several posts here and haven't taken the time to post in this thread.

I purchased a 2005 FLSTSCi (Softail Springer Classic) last December. It's Blue and Silver with SE 64900-99 slash down mufflers, removable windshield, detach backrest, etc. I'm trying to decide which engine guard to buy, the standard one or "nostolgic". I'm leaning toward the nostolgic one, simply due to the nostolgic look of the bike. Your thoughts are really appreciated on this one!
I have been out of the M/C business for about 27 years. My kids are raised an on their own now, so I decided it was time to do something for myself. My wife enjoys the ride, but not as much as I do. I must say that it consumes me. It seems like every waking moment has that bike on my mind. Even as I write this, I'm thinking about cleaning up the bike this afternoon when I get off work.

I've managed to put just over 4K on my bike this year. Not as many as I'd like, but not too bad considering everything that has to be done around here.

I just happened on to this forum one day, while doing an internet search for excessive oil consumption. This forum helped me find the "fix" for oil consumption and the valve guide seal problem on '05 models. Thanks to this forum, I was well-informed prior to arriving at the dealership. The dealer bent over backwards to make sure the problem was taken care of.

A big thanks to those that post here. Your insight, knowledge and humor have me hanging out here more than I probably should... If my boss only knew!

Happy Thanksgiving and ride safe!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, I've seen a few of your posts. Welcome to the forums, always good to see another Hoosier.

Rapid
'05 Fat Boy
Stage 1
V & H Shortshots
HD Beach bars
Nostalgia windshield
Sissy bar for hot little wife
Don't want to add anything else

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting your story. You have very much in common with many of the members here.

Post up and keep an eye out for the boss.

See you around VTF

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... it's nice to have a place to "hang out" during the winter months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi

Know what you mean about being gone and back
Was away from bikes for several years and now am trying to decide between a Heritage Softail Classic and a Road King Classic as for engine guard I'd go nostalgia as that is what that bike represents to me I just like the old school looks Now to decide on which 06 for me

:thanks:
jb

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnny B said:
Know what you mean about being gone and back
Was away from bikes for several years and now am trying to decide between a Heritage Softail Classic and a Road King Classic as for engine guard I'd go nostalgia as that is what that bike represents to me I just like the old school looks Now to decide on which 06 for me

:thanks:
jb
Hey JB, thanks for the post. I decided to go with the nostolgic looking engine guard, for the very reason you state. The FLSTSC is a nostolgic looking bike, so that's what I went with on the guard too.

As for which bike you prefer, I like 'em both. Several of my riding buds have Heritage Softail Classics. Nice ride and lot's of bang for your buck!

Take care!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome fellow Hoosier! Glad you like the forum. Thanks for sharing,

Carrie (Anderson, IN)

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, thanks Carrie. And that is one nice looking ride 'ya got there. Plus, your sound byte is cool.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving from Bloomington!

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
Hey hog!

It's great to see another Hoosier on here, it seems we have had alot of new folks from Indiana on here lately!

take care
Josh:welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Welcome to VTF from a Fort Wayne Hoosier! Might as well make yourself comfortable. :coffee: It looks like it could be awhile before we ride again--leastwise until this white stuff gets off the ground.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts